Garden hose - recommendations

Soldato
One of my weirdest posts on OCUK so far..

Does anyone have a recommendation? builders have just managed to break my expanding hose (was cheap so not a big deal) so now looking for a replacement (30M+)

Hozelock auto reel any good? seem to get hit and miss reviews.

Ideally wall mounted reel

Associate
Gardena is the nuts. Have a look on Water Irrigation website..

Not the cheapest - but indestructible so far…

Think we bought a 50m comfort flex. Quite cheap on that rainforest site at the mo.

Soldato
When I researched for our hose Hozelock got a slating for reliability on their auto reels.

Ended up paying a little more and got a Gardena 40m auto reel. Been good so far.

Soldato
Got the GARDENA Comfort FLEX Hose after my hozelock one split.
It feels stronger but also more flexible and it doesn't kink.

Associate
Rightyho! Depending on your length (ooh er) - this is pretty good

https://www.waterirrigation.co.uk/h...ardena-comfort-high-flex-hose-13mm-x-30m.html

Or... from the other rainforest site..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gardena-18...ds=gardena+comfort+flex&qid=1627159999&sr=8-2

Genuinely impressed with it.. we've had bikes, scooters and all kinds ridden over it and still perfect. Any 13mm accessories will fit - but the OCD in me wouldn't let that happen.

We bought a hose reel for the wall, and the multi spray thing...

Associate
I can confirm the hoselok autoreel 30m is an unreliable thing. For the last couple of years I've had to use a clamp to keep the hose from auto retracting since the clutch thingy broke. It's on the list of jobs to fix..

Other than that it's a fine old hose!

Soldato
OP
Cheers folks

Thinking gardena 50m with proper reel etc. they are reduced at various places so should be ok cost wise and mean I'm not at the limit when working around the front of the house.

Soldato
Can also highly recommend the gardena flex hosepipe.

Combined mine with the gardena cleverroll m easy. May seem a bit pricey but it's made such a difference and no longer dread having to reel the thing back in.

Just don't forget to invest in some good connectors too

Back
Top Bottom