Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Ronnie has found it hot over the last week or so and he hides in funny places-- Today I got home and he was flat out on front door mat - it is in shade to well in the afternoon

P1CfF6w.jpg

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Yeah this heat isn't doing our furry friends much good. My remaining burmese (17 1/2 years old) doesn't eat much when it's hot, which makes managing her diabetes rather difficult! Having to do blood glucose spot checks just before I'm due to inject her. Poor thing!

Associate
Yeah this heat isn't doing our furry friends much good. My remaining burmese (17 1/2 years old) doesn't eat much when it's hot, which makes managing her diabetes rather difficult! Having to do blood glucose spot checks just before I'm due to inject her. Poor thing!

My old Burmese had appetite issues too (poor guy had no teeth so keeping his weight up was always tricky). I found some success with mashing up wet food and syringing it into his mouth. He would happily sit there and take his meals that way. Helped with keeping him hydrated too. Not saying this technique would be specific to Burmese, but they do let you get away with more than the average cat.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
My old Burmese had appetite issues too (poor guy had no teeth so keeping his weight up was always tricky). I found some success with mashing up wet food and syringing it into his mouth. He would happily sit there and take his meals that way. Helped with keeping him hydrated too. Not saying this technique would be specific to Burmese, but they do let you get away with more than the average cat.

Thanks! I might have to try that at some point. I'm hoping the cooler weather today will help, but she's got multiple issues causing her appetite problems.

Poor thing has kidney failure, and a lump under the back of her jaw which the vet thinks is a blocked/infected saliva gland caused by rotten teeth. So she's due to go in on the 2nd August to remove them, but last time she had to go under, they had to resuscitate her, so there is a chance she won't make it through this little dental operation, but if we don't at least try then it would ultimately lead to her starving :(

Thankfully the vet has known her since we had her so is going to test her kidneys first to see if she can even go under, if she can then he's going only give her the minimum anesthesia she needs to do it and keep a close eye on her recovery. If she can't then he's going to try some strong antibiotics, but that's more a palliative treatment until we have to make that decision that every pet owner dreads

Soldato
Fernley struggled with the heat last week quite a bit...

PXL-20210723-152333486.jpg

...but enjoyed the cooler temperatures yesterday

PXL-20210718-154414523.jpg

Soldato
So a mate at work was a little worried her cat cuddles had kittens (again) in the middle of a meeting, I casually mentioned I've always wanted a kitten for my house (top 3 reasons for buying one) and after a couple of chats I'd like to welcome Napoleon to his castle!

IMG-0694.jpg

IMG-0627-2.jpg

IMG-0766.jpg

IMG-0714.jpg

It's been an amazing week of him settling in (aka losing all his toys and finding random hiding holes) and he's just learning to like music today!

I can't get enough of him!! Even at the wake at 6am for cuddles and food stage...

Soldato
I hate you - not only have you got a lovely black and white cat but also a HiFi system and loads of records - I hate to say i binned all mine and gave away most of HiFi kit.
I don't think I will give Ronnie away though.:)

Soldato
I hate you - not only have you got a lovely black and white cat but also a HiFi system and loads of records - I hate to say i binned all mine and gave away most of HiFi kit.
I don't think I will give Ronnie away though.:)

:p we had a little record session last night and found the range of bass and weird noises Napoleon is not a fan of... In time he'll learn to like Gnod...

Ronnie is a beautiful cat!

Associate
Back
Top Bottom