• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Well done OCUK!

Associate
Over the moon with my £369 delivered FE 3060Ti
That's how much they should cost. Slap an additional £300 on there then sell it to someone else and someone will congratulate
you for your kind benevolence. You have to laugh at people 'kissing the hand that beats them' and saying "thankyou may I have another". You got a decent card for a sensible price as it should be.

Last edited:
Soldato
That how much they should cost. Slap an additional £300 on there then sell it to someone else and someone will congratulate
you for your kind benevolence. You have to at laugh people 'kissing the hand that beats them' and saying "thankyou may I have another". You got a decent card for a sensible price as it should be.

Stockholm syndrome springs to mind.

Soldato
as what has kept being said the cost of haribos has sky rocketed, plus its luck of draw to get a packet these days, extra 300 quid for chance for a bag of haribos is too much temptation and worth the gamble:D

Soldato
Great work but how did you get it for that price?

A certain online computer retailer, quite a big one has a deal with nvidia to distribute the FE cards.

I setup telegram on my phone and joined the FE PART ALERT channel, got the notification on my phone and instantly pulled over as I was driving at the time.

Made sure I was already signed into the shop selling them, card details ready etc added to basket quick and checked out ! My bro got a 3080Ti also.

Associate
OP
Feel f00kin ripped off now tbh.......didn't get any haribo's. On the plus side....whatever the card cost me over standard price...will possibly be able to sell my rtx 2070 it's replacing at over normal cost in current climate to recoup somewhat. Anyway..what's money...you only live once.

Associate
Feel f00kin ripped off now tbh.......didn't get any haribo's. On the plus side....whatever the card cost me over standard price...will possibly be able to sell my rtx 2070 it's replacing at over normal cost in current climate to recoup somewhat. Anyway..what's money...you only live once.

I have 10 orders with OCUK since April last year and not one of them had any Haribos in them! :(

Associate
Ended up ordering the Inno3d IChill X3 3070 from oc today. Decent price honestly, don't mind paying a bit above msrp for the warranty that comes with buying from here.

Do you mean the Inno3d IChill x3 RTX 3070 TI ?

I got a EVGA FTW3 3070TI from a certain competitor website for £770. Not sure what Inno3d customer service is like but EVGA are mean't to be very good so i went with that.

Last edited:
Associate

You can sell it hassle free to the 2nd hand chain for over £319, or risk the auction site, so it will help. Still makes this gen expense at these prices I am afraid, 750-319=431 v FE price of £469, so you can see why some see the price as steep, especially as there are questions as to how the 3070 will age with 8 GB vram. Lets hope that the 4070 comes with 12GB.

Soldato

That ship may have sailed, eBay prices are dropping below MSRP for a lot of cards

Associate
A certain online computer retailer, quite a big one has a deal with nvidia to distribute the FE cards.

I setup telegram on my phone and joined the FE PART ALERT channel, got the notification on my phone and instantly pulled over as I was driving at the time.

Made sure I was already signed into the shop selling them, card details ready etc added to basket quick and checked out ! My bro got a 3080Ti also.
Thanks for the tip, found the telegram group. Fingers crossed

Soldato
I know the situation may improve over the next few weeks....but currently it's still hard to get hold of an rtx 3070 from various well known online sellers & certain high street chains unless you're going to pay £900+ for what little they do have in stock...and £750 might still be a little steep for an msi rtx 3070 gaming z card which I ordered yesterday from OCUK & status now it's been shipped..(& still cheaper than a well known high street retailers listing of which they have no stock)...but seeing stock levels on OCUK improved where you can actually now purchase a 3070..& at lower pricing...give yourselves a pat on the back OCUK..& cheers! ;)

Gratz on your new card, but really you've nothing to thank OCUK for they just sold you a card for far more than its worth, I know you're in that excitemen/justification honeymoon period but no need to go fawning over a retailer.

Caporegime
So strange to congratulate someone selling you something for a profit so they can get richer.

I love OCUK but they are a business trying to take your money, just like any other business. They don't need praise, unless they have given exceptional/beyond what was expected service. Dropping prices to amounts still above MSRP because they have realised nothing is selling anymore at the higher prices does not constitute that for me!

On the flip side I had no ill will against them really for selling at the higher prices. If that's what people were willing to pay then why not. That's capitalism.

Associate
OP
Gratz on your new card, but really you've nothing to thank OCUK for they just sold you a card for far more than its worth, I know you're in that excitemen/justification honeymoon period but no need to go fawning over a retailer.

Wow is this thread still going on? No fawning btw! Was just nice to see OCUK have available stock whereas certain others STILL don't have stock....except at even more extortionate prices....I'm saying well done for getting a good supply in...NOT for selling me one at a price I was prepared to pay for.

Associate
OP
You can sell it hassle free to the 2nd hand chain for over £319, or risk the auction site, so it will help. Still makes this gen expense at these prices I am afraid, 750-319=431 v FE price of £469, so you can see why some see the price as steep, especially as there are questions as to how the 3070 will age with 8 GB vram. Lets hope that the 4070 comes with 12GB.
Thanks...just asked for quotes around the area from these sprung up cash converter type shops....And yes..the 8gb ram....you do still have to wonder if it's going to be a handicap in future games.

Associate
Ended up ordering the Inno3d IChill X3 3070 from oc today. Decent price honestly, don't mind paying a bit above msrp for the warranty that comes with buying from here.
What's the warranty that comes from buying from here? Is it different to buying from elsewhere? Genuinely curious?

Back
Top Bottom