Any new iPads this year

Associate
Hi looking to get a new iPad 10.8” or 11” and wondered if there will be any be any new ones in October?
Thanks

Associate
OP
if you need one now and the current model fits your requirements, what are you waiting for? :)
Had a 10.8” pro for a while now and just fancied a new one so no rush, just didn’t want to buy one and a new one comes out shortly afterwards

Associate
It’s looking likely that we will get a new mini this autumn. It will be nice if they also refresh the Air. I am still running an Air 2, I can’t believe how long it’s lasted, and it’s due to get iOS 15 too!

Soldato
It’s looking likely that we will get a new mini this autumn. It will be nice if they also refresh the Air. I am still running an Air 2, I can’t believe how long it’s lasted, and it’s due to get iOS 15 too!
Can’t see the Air getting a refresh, it only got one last year. Plus the only thing it’s ‘lacking’ is the 120hz display which I personally can’t see them using because it would eat into the iPad Pro market.

Associate
OP
Can’t see the Air getting a refresh, it only got one last year. Plus the only thing it’s ‘lacking’ is the 120hz display which I personally can’t see them using because it would eat into the iPad Pro market.
And the M1 chip but I had to ask, I also thought it was longer since the air updated oh well I can wait a couple of months and keep using my pro

Soldato
And the M1 chip but I had to ask, I also thought it was longer since the air updated oh well I can wait a couple of months and keep using my pro
The M1 chip did come to mind however bearing in mind it’s overpowered for the Pro even if it WAS in the Air it would be total overkill.
The current Air is a superb iPad and goes toe-to-toe with the 2018 and 2020 Pro’s save for the high refresh screen.
Occasionally some great deals pop up for it.

Associate
My Air 2 has lasted me for 6.5yrs. I’m now wondering if I should replace it with a Pro given that I don’t change it often. I think I would like a 120hz display, especially as it will be coming to the iPhone Pro models (at least) this year - which I am also planning to get. It might be weird going back to 60hz on the iPad. Granted that the only benefit I’ll probably see is smooth scrolling as I don’t use the pencil.

Soldato
Be good to see the basic model of the ipad with more ram and a bigger screen. And also lose the lightning port for a USB C one instead.

I was looking at buying an ipad so will wait to see if Apple do indeed bring out a new one or two in September.

Back
Top Bottom