Status
Not open for further replies.

maj

maj

Soldato
Autowash must be a bit like Carbon Collective Lusso that I hadn't used up until today. Plenty of suds in the bucket and on wash mitt but as soon as I applied mitt to car I couldn't see any shampoo.

Sgarrista
Commissario
I wouldn't mind lack of suds, but it felt so thin that there was no 'slickness'...as I said, it felt like I was just using plain water. Didn't inspire much confidence.

I may try Reset next.

On the second attempt, I did put a bit more in, although not a huge amount. I think the key is to agitate it using a strong jet from the hose. Next time I'll use a stronger mix.

Autobrite purple velvet.

I give 2-3 pumps into a bucket (from a 5 litre container with pump) and theres loads of suds and its incredibly slick and slippery. Also insanely cheap so I just let the whole family use it.

Soldato
5 hours from start to finish, my new car is fully detailed. And I'm knackered.

- Washed with Chemical Guys Glossworkz
- Clayed with Halfords clay mitt
- De-tarred with Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover
- Polished with Meguiars Ultra Finishing Polish (the paintwork wasn't too badly marked, so this did the trick at removing pretty much all of the swirls and marring)
- Sealed with 2 coats of Gyeon Can Coat quartz coating (this was a pleasure to work with - a far cry from the faff of applying and buffing off paste waxes)
- Gyeon Cure on top of the Can Coat to help protect the sealant from water marks etc while it cures - this will also serve as QD for washes
- Black trim treated with 303 Aerospace Protectant
- Windows cleaned with Autoglym Fast Glass
- Wheels sealed with Can Coat (will be interested to see how long it lasts in this instance)
- Tyres dressed with Meguiars Endurance
- Exhaust cleaned with Autosol
- Lunch provided by Greggs (brought to me by my girlfriend)

Photos don't do it justice, it looks incredible. I love the blue, it has such a deep shine.

Has anyone else used Can Coat? Any comments on the durability?

dJvnfgR.jpg

h41rqbx.jpg

veqpV7p.jpg

HSCqgjm.jpg

xVYzWm0.jpg

kpD4vNU.jpg

s8cdEaJ.jpg

Oi9UVpp.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
That looks stunning, you really can't beat that first proper clean and detail when you get a new car!

I've used CanCoat before, it fantastic as a 'lite' DIY ceramic. Gives an awesome candy quality to the finish, the water behaviour is simply awesome and you'll easily get 6 months+ from 2 coats. You just need to be careful with overspray, if using it again I would use an applicator and dab the bottle. I like topping it with Polish Angel High Gloss as the Tio2 brings out the metallic flake like nothing else I've ever tried.

If you've not already then make sure that you wash out the spray heads very thoroughly as they'll crust up in a few hours if left.

50304721872_317d9e0142_c.jpg

Soldato
That looks stunning, you really can't beat that first proper clean and detail when you get a new car!

I've used CanCoat before, it fantastic as a 'lite' DIY ceramic. Gives an awesome candy quality to the finish, the water behaviour is simply awesome and you'll easily get 6 months+ from 2 coats. You just need to be careful with overspray, if using it again I would use an applicator and dab the bottle. I like topping it with Polish Angel High Gloss as the Tio2 brings out the metallic flake like nothing else I've ever tried.

If you've not already then make sure that you wash out the spray heads very thoroughly as they'll crust up in a few hours if left.

Thanks! With how easy it was to work with, I can live with 6+ months! I read plenty on how to apply it without being wasteful, so I sprayed it onto the cloth (away from the car) and then wiped on (and buffed off).

Next time I do it, I might try a different "topper" like you suggested.

Already given the spray head a good wash!

Lovely R32 :)

Associate
Thanks, I have a thread for it over on Detailing World, sold at the back end of last year though to make way for something else.

It sounds like you did your homework on CanCoat application ;)

The beauty of a topper is that you can use it any time when you've cleaned the car. I can also recommend Zaino Z8. Although it doesn't last very well in bad weather is gives a fantastic finish that I think would compliment your paint colour :)

Underboss
so i asked a question for Jon, over on Forensic Detailing ,

asked him about car shampoo, i said i use Autoglym shampoo and conditioner, and would he recommend i still use it or change it for something else

his reply :

The UHD shampoo from autoglym is worth a go mate. Car soaps are not that important. Carpro reset is good as well.

Associate
Got my new Karcher K7 compact out at the weekend to wash the tree cum off my gf's car, mine has been on jackstands for a while so no washing that.

Extremely disappointed to find that the hose on this model still kinks during use despite claiming that it doesn't. I went with this model over a k5 simply because of that claim and to stop the ballache of buying a separate hose from qwashers/directhoses etc but looks like i'll be doing that anyway!

Soldato
I've been using Chemical Guys Glossworkz shampoo as a "gentle" cleaner that doesn't strip waxes etc. Is there any reason I shouldn't keep using this to clean my car, now that it has the Can Coat quartz sealant?

Maybe a question for @Muska as he seems quite knowledgeable :D

Soldato
As someone else said, looks like tree sap to me. Best bet is to remove as much as you can with a circus based pre-wash such as Samson Primus, then try a dedicated tree sap remover for really tough areas. If you're going to polish, I would say clay before so you don't have any ingrained particles in the clear coat that the polish can lift and spread across your paint.

Cheers will give this a go once the weather improves (probably next year at this rate :D :D )

Associate
@Howard I obviously know how to 'talk' a good game! :cry:

I can't speak of the shampoo you use, but I imagine if it's gentle then it's suitable for a ceramic coating and wont strip or degrade it's qualities. The reason I started using CarPro Reset was after I had applied CanCoat I found a thread over on Detailing world about some of the properties of a ceramic coating & from what I remember it's like they can become 'clogged' over time and a product like reset helps them to retain their optimum performance. That was my limited understanding anyway!

Soldato
so i asked a question for Jon, over on Forensic Detailing ,

asked him about car shampoo, i said i use Autoglym shampoo and conditioner, and would he recommend i still use it or change it for something else

his reply :

The UHD shampoo from autoglym is worth a go mate. Car soaps are not that important. Carpro reset is good as well.

I found a sachet of UHD shampoo in my box of stuff the other day, decided to give it a go. Foams up very nicely, smells great, cleaned just as good as the bilt hamber, once I’ve used the auto wash I might just buy a bottle of UHD.

Associate
Used Avalon King Armor Shield iX on my Carbon Fibre Rims etc, really surprised by the amount of shine it provides. Will see how long the protection lasts.

Soldato
Can we talk car air fresheners?

I have had x4 California Scents Cherry scattered around the car since February and have received constant comments of how nice it smells but now I fancy a change and they have served me well.

What are peoples go to?

Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom