• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Steps to deal with coil whine

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the comments. I have experimented with undervolting with minimal effect on whine, although clearly there is scope to reduce power that way so I'll likely complete that exercise in order to optimise temps and consequent fan noise. After a bit of web searching I have come to the conclusion that my GPU is not whining any more than is typical so going the RMA route with the risk that the replacement might be worse seems a bad idea. But I think it's true that I need to reset my perspective back to gaming where as long as I get 60 FPS I'm fine - and when I v-sync'ed the 2 benchmarks to 60 FPS there was no whine...

Permabanned
Thanks for all the comments. I have experimented with undervolting with minimal effect on whine, although clearly there is scope to reduce power that way so I'll likely complete that exercise in order to optimise temps and consequent fan noise. After a bit of web searching I have come to the conclusion that my GPU is not whining any more than is typical so going the RMA route with the risk that the replacement might be worse seems a bad idea. But I think it's true that I need to reset my perspective back to gaming where as long as I get 60 FPS I'm fine - and when I v-sync'ed the 2 benchmarks to 60 FPS there was no whine...

Having a 3090 and running it at 60fps is a bit like owning a Ferrari and doing 20mph on the motorway.

Back
Top Bottom