• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FINALLY A DEAL ON GPU'S - IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG (NVIDIA 3060 & 3060Ti) !!

Soldato
You are right.

That cooler does look a bit pants. I was under the impression it was the same cooler.

Why would they bother with giving that such a naff cooler? Even their 3060 OC model has the better cooler.

I just wish I'd realised before I ordered! Never mind. As long as it's sufficient I suppose I won't be too upset about it, we'll see.

Man of Honour
Hmm...maybe it's time I started looking into which card I want. Probably a 3060 Ti (I game at 1440 and that seems to be the best price/performance ratio for that res), but which one? I'd better get looking at fan noise and temps on various models. These offers are scraping into the upper limit of what I'm willing to spend on a graphics card, so maybe prices are starting to approach what I'm willing to pay.

Associate
Hmm...maybe it's time I started looking into which card I want. Probably a 3060 Ti (I game at 1440 and that seems to be the best price/performance ratio for that res), but which one? I'd better get looking at fan noise and temps on various models. These offers are scraping into the upper limit of what I'm willing to spend on a graphics card, so maybe prices are starting to approach what I'm willing to pay.

The one with the longest warranty. If noise is an issue then dampened cases would be my choice over buying a card with lesser warranty that has less noise. You can't be picky about card choice still though.

If cost is an issue i'd still wait.

Associate
I've been checking for deals regularly, yesterday I was so busy at work I didn't get chance, haha, snooze you lose. Seems like the 3060ti might be slowly dropping to more reasonable prices though, finger crossed.

Permabanned
To be fair, that's not much above RRP. It's a very good deal.

I think he's moaning moreover about the lack of generational increases.

I'm really moaning about the way that the price performance curve has really fallen, over, I dunno, about the last three to four years. I guess you could put that down to inflation, whatever, but to me it just seems that it's becoming difficult to justify the prices anymore. I certainly would not pay £360 for a 3060. I am probably in the minority here but to me that's appalling value.

Soldato
I'm really moaning about the way that the price performance curve has really fallen, over, I dunno, about the last three to four years. I guess you could put that down to inflation, whatever, but to me it just seems that it's becoming difficult to justify the prices anymore. I certainly would not pay £360 for a 3060. I am probably in the minority here but to me that's appalling value.

Yeah that's fair enough, if you consider that the 3060 is roughly a 5700XT or 2070 Super and we were getting deals on those at around £350 a couple of years ago it does look pretty bad.

Soldato
i guess it depends what upgrading from, could be seen as good value to some, others terrible. but you do have a valid point

Permabanned
Yeah that's fair enough, if you consider that the 3060 is roughly a 5700XT or 2070 Super and we were getting deals on those at around £350 a couple of years ago it does look pretty bad.

Yes because we have moved on a generation but if we spend the same money then we actually get the same performance. In the past we would spend the same each generation and get about a 30% performance increase. In other words there is no real incentive to upgrade every generation now. It's only worthwhile upgrading every second generation..... unless of course you want to pay more. I used to upgrade every generation, but now I guess I have to change that to upgrading every four years rather than two.

Soldato
Yes because we have moved on a generation but if we spend the same money then we actually get the same performance. In the past we would spend the same each generation and get about a 30% performance increase. In other words there is no real incentive to upgrade every generation now. It's only worthwhile upgrading every second generation..... unless of course you want to pay more. I used to upgrade every generation, but now I guess I have to change that to upgrading every four years rather than two.

Just spend a little bit more and get the 3060ti founders for £369 and overclock it.

Massive performance for the money.

Back
Top Bottom