Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I don't get what the balls do that you wouldn't get by changing the spray plate. Strikes me a BS Baffles Brains. The shape and size of the orifices in the spray plate are the critical element of the design everything else is marketing snake oil.

Associate
I got a bunch of random stuff delivered today.

New coffee machine, it won't be upto the standards of those in the coffee thread but I like it so far!
j8LR2hvl.jpg

New radiator for the porch I'm rebuilding
SBlmSCvl.jpg

And hoping these will finally sort my cars vibration issues at 70mph (after 6 garages failed to find the problem/fix it!)
ynKKetFl.jpg

Soldato
Aren’t vibration issues down to poor balancing of the tyre weights typically?

Least that’s what it turned out to be for me when I got vibration above 70mph on my steering wheel!

Discovered this after spending way too much on other things as the garages I went to were none the wiser either…

Associate
Aren’t vibration issues down to poor balancing of the tyres typically?

You'd think.....One garage put put 2 brand new budgets on there to test with and it still did it. Another garage said I had 4 buckled wheels and 'fixed' them, still vibrated. Absolutely nothing wrong with the car (apparently)...

Another garage noticed a slight play in a driveshaft, so I replaced that, still did it. It's literally 6 different 'well reviewed' garages it's been to, including Volvo themselves and they're all stumped.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Balancing weights are a delicate act, actually takes some skill to get the placement just right! But vibration at speed can also be a result of failing suspension components from bushes to ball joints and bearings. It can also be the flex disc as those are rubber and will wear needing replacement a couple times in typical lifetime of long term ownership.

My car had slight vibration above 90mph and turned out the flex disc was the culprit. They are not expensive and should be considered a wear item if you've had the car a few years and there's no record of it ever being changed. Rubber perishes over time regardless of mileage. The best way to examine yours is to take it off and inspect.

I don't get what the balls do that you wouldn't get by changing the spray plate. Strikes me a BS Baffles Brains. The shape and size of the orifices in the spray plate are the critical element of the design everything else is marketing snake oil.

They actually do work, they are called bioactive mineral balls and have been around for quite some time.

The balls have nothing to do with the way the water comes out! They simply purify the water, remove chlorine, soften the water etc etc. The colours denote a specific purpose:
0RFU17C.jpg

Well, that's a shower head being ordered!

@mrk - what have you started, I hope you're getting commission!

Shower me with Haribos :p

Associate
aKiS2VM
new member of the family

RGByN2gh.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
You'd think.....One garage put put 2 brand new budgets on there to test with and it still did it. Another garage said I had 4 buckled wheels and 'fixed' them, still vibrated. Absolutely nothing wrong with the car (apparently)...

Another garage noticed a slight play in a driveshaft, so I replaced that, still did it. It's literally 6 different 'well reviewed' garages it's been to, including Volvo themselves and they're all stumped.

My local 4x4 accessory place has a high tech laser balancing tester and he was telling me some of the oem alloy wheels are awful and was showing me some plots of big brand wheels he had tested and just how much weight in many different places it was needed just to the alloy wheel balanced never mind with a tyre on it.

It was super accurate and told him to the mm where to put every weight. He said with some alloy wheels it was impossible to get them perfectly balanced but you just did the best you could.

Associate
My local 4x4 accessory place has a high tech laser balancing tester and he was telling me some of the oem alloy wheels are awful and was showing me some plots of big brand wheels he had tested and just how much weight in many different places it was needed just to the alloy wheel balanced never mind with a tyre on it.

It was super accurate and told him to the mm where to put every weight. He said with some alloy wheels it was impossible to get them perfectly balanced but you just did the best you could.

I used these guys last - Computerised Wheel Balancing in Southampton | Tyre Shack

They were very good but still didn't solve the problem, I just think it has to be some sort of imperfection in the wheels that they couldn't quite get out from straightening them. I've had this problem for about 2 years now but due to pandemic and little long distance driving, never bothered fixing it till now. They spent 1.5 days with the car + their mechanical team before apologising and giving back the keys with no more ideas.

If these wheels and tyres don't fix it, I give up, as I'll just end up replacing one expensive part after the next till something eventually fixes it :(

Soldato
All these words.... here's a demonstration of the visual kind to show these heads do increase pressure due to the way the nozzles are designed:

His seems to be missing the white balls and an additional mesh filter in the middle though so not sure what's up with that, maybe an earlier model or something.
"built in energy balls to increase water pressure 200%" :cry:

Back
Top Bottom