• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte GTX 1070 ITX mini - Intermittent issues

Associate
Anyway, measured pin 36 from the UP9511p IC (traced to R588 for ease of probing) and it gave 2.41v, both when it working and not working. Did some tracing to find pin 36 enable pin was connected to Q519, Q526 and U506 but this was through GND (oddly, to me anyway!). Please see diagram below for measured voltages.

Interestingly, I found U506 pin 1 to give 3.3v when the card worked, but 2.86v when not working. Then I read somewhere Q521 could be providing some sort of signal through voltage difference, where 10.3v is not low enough - I could be talking out of my ass now.

i have pmd you in discord. send you schematics and boardview.

I looked at data sheet on
M74VHC1GT08DFT1G and can confirm that 3v3 and 2.86 are counted a High and should not affect pin 4
Datasheet tells you if pin 1 and pin 2 are H pin 4 is H and thats that.

if Vcc is 3.3 then H starts at 1.4v and L ends at 0.50 So either way u506 is not the issue.
Get back to up9511 and do more measurements on other pins.

38 PS_NVVDD_PGOOD check this pin on both card working and not working.

BTW u are blessed and cursed at the same time.
Cursed as you have intermitted fault.
Blessed u can compare working and not working status of a card.

Back
Top Bottom