New AMD Chipset coming soon - X570S (Passive X570)

Associate
That's good news. Looking forward to hear your opinion. It seems to me that Gigabyte has done excellent job with X570S. Hopefully they have managed to sort out the USB issues that some are complaining about.

Associate
All the current reviews of X570S boards have skipped over the topic of the X570 and X570S being different chip revisions or not. Like they don't want to or not allowed to answer that burning question.

E4p-v7aXwAEMVfJ

Associate
It looks the same odd that reviews are not saying, unless it is because they are the same and don't want the question asked why did it have a fan in the original boards if the chip-set has not changed.

Associate
In my mind there must be a change in order to allow the fanless operation. Also if rumours are true X570S is to support 5th series CPU straight out of the box.

Soldato
I've had my x570s Aorus Master for around 4 weeks so far no dramas or issues to report...

Just to note, It came with F1 BIOS which I updated to F2 the same day.

Associate
I've had my x570s Aorus Master for around 4 weeks so far no dramas or issues to report...

Just to note, It came with F1 BIOS which I updated to F2 the same day.

Good news.
Cheers Trox. May I ask what processor are you using?

I thought the USB issues were fixed now on X570. I had some issues earlier in the year but a BIOS update fixed them all.
I think I read somewhere that people were having issues even with the new AGESA.

Associate
So far so good with my X570S Aorus Master (just under 4 weeks daily use). Popped the 5950X, RAM and GPU in and it booted straight up. I'm still on the F1 BIOS.

I disabled the option in the BIOS to automatically install the Gigabyte app centre stuff and haven't found any need for Gigabyte software apart from installing the system information viewer briefly to set the right labels on the temperature sensors in HWInfo64.

I experiented a little with the chipset temps. If you get some airflow over the chipset heatsink it seemed to stay around 30-35c. Installed in the case with less directed airflow it stays between 55-65c.

Quite like that you can use the BIOS fan control to set up a curve based on any temperature sensor, so have the radiator fans running off the motherboard headers based on the water temperature.

Back
Top Bottom