The Online Dating Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I did pretty well on Tinder. Frequent dates, numerous medium term things. Met my long term girlfriend on it.

I never posted any of my physical stats or my salary…
I suspect it’s your lack of chat, a bad profile (you claim not to have one but you seem very bitter about being rejected on dating apps…), and your complete inability to chat to women because you have some weird dislike of them.

It has nothing to do with your height or money. It has everything to do with your personality. And it’s clear to everyone on this forum that that, modifiable, trait is absolute garbage.

Stop blaming women for your failings and go do something about it.

To be honest I did really well on Tinder and I am only 5'7 which was clearly in my profile, I am fit/muscular (been going gym for 10 years) but had no photos with top off, rate my looks as a solid 7 maybe an 8, average job (nhs nurse) but I'm quite confident and got over 1000 matches on tinder.

I think it was my personality that got me all the dates etc I've been told I'm very funny, laid back, I have a lot to talk about even with people I've just met and I show an interest in the womens passions/hobbies etc, I have a lot of passions that I still do such as Astronomy, Rock Climbing, Hiking and Rollerblading and infact it was Rollerblading that got me and the Mrs rolling (excuse the pun) :D

Sure there are definitely women out there that will not accept anything under 6ft, dark and handsome with a good job but are these the kind of women you would want to date anyway?

I remember my friend asking me about Tinder as he saw how much fun I was having, so he setup a profile and although he is a lovely bloke, his profile was so creepy and odd, it was just big face shots with poor lighting, he wasn't outside doing anything in any of them so no girl was gonna swipe on that.

Much like you two I had decent success on Tinder/Bumble and I never put my wage/job on their I did list my height at 5'11 but that was more of a joke to say I didn't meet the desired '6ft club'. I am devastatingly average in the looks department 7/10 would be generous but I like to think my personality is what gets the job done.

I think people fail to grasp just quite how much attention even the most plain Jane looking girl gets on dating sites. If you're not making yourself stand out with your personality and quirks - you can't really then blame women for not taking an interest in yourself.

I had flings, a few short term things and ultimately met my partner on Tinder 3 years ago and we've since bought a house together and now own a cat and a dog.

Anyone who suggests you need to be some millionaire Adonis of a man to get anywhere through online dating is lying through their teeth.

Soldato
I think this is due to the vast majority of women just not taking the online dating scene seriously. I've seen what they are like with them and it's just a game where they discuss dick pics and snigger about it with each other.
Some women have oh so many issues and lost count number of times I've been asked for a quickie:cry: Maybe 20yrs ago:cry:

Soldato
Sure, just ignore literally every profile saying 6'+ and must be earning £xxxxx.

In fact you tell anyone you're on disability benefits and instant rejection.

Women don't give the slightest crap about your personality, they only pay attention to that AFTER you meet all the physical and wealth requirements. The number of single mothers out there are all the proof that this requires.

Jeez, I'm glad I'm not online dating. I'd pass the height bar with flying colours, but am poor as a church mouse.

I met all my girlfs in the real world. I can tell you that women are just as judgemental there!

Soldato
I had flings, a few short term things and ultimately met my partner on Tinder 3 years ago and we've since bought a house together and now own a cat and a dog.

Amazing buddy, another happy tinder story :)

With my Tinder Mrs over 5 years now! Emigrating to OZ, that'll be a challenge as the only thing we bicker about is Air Con (she doesn't like it) lol

Caporegime
Literally all of online dating proves that women only judge men on two criteria - their physical stats and income.

You wont even get a chance to meet a woman or even get many messages if you fail to meet those criteria.

People who aren't noticing this likely simply pass on those criteria so it's never mentioned within their online dating experience. To top 80% of women generally only consider the top 20% of men, and its been as such since the advent of online dating.

Did you not even read the article posted earlier.

It's the exact opposite, women tend to give little to no ****s what you look like

Associate
Did you not even read the article posted earlier.

It's the exact opposite, women tend to give little to no ****s what you look like

What women say based on their fantasy la la brain, and what they actually do are two entirely different things.

An opinion article doesn't magically over ride the past decade and more of figures from dating sites.

Western society is dominated by hypergamy, people will simply believe anything that women claim, regardless of whether what they do is the the complete antithesis.

Generally, if women don't care what a man looks like, that's because that man is rich.

Caporegime
What women say based on their fantasy la la brain, and what they actually do are two entirely different things.

An opinion article doesn't magically over ride the past decade and more of figures from dating sites.

Western society is dominated by hypergamy, people will simply believe anything that women claim, regardless of whether what they do is the the complete antithesis.

Generally, if women don't care what a man looks like, that's because that man is rich.

By your own logic that 80% of women chase 20% of men then nearly all women are single and available.

And the article wasn't really opinion it was about the psychology of the app makers not thw women.

The apps are designed to make you the man a little bit crazy to pay money.

I will say though 100% the most unattractive trait in any man is "woe is me" confidence and dynamic attitude is sexy in a man.

The pity **** is something that doesn't exist.

Associate
By your own logic that 80% of women chase 20% of men then nearly all women are single and available.

This isn't by my own logic, its based on metrics that were released by multiple dating sites on the criterias that both men and women set.

Heres a link to such research, the twitter post provides a summary that is not apparent from directly linking the article:

https://twitter.com/Quillette/status/1105679979256389634

This is a well known fact when it comes to 'online dating', and has been as such since its advent.

Women simply have it a lot easier with finding matches that they get to 'date up', not that those men will be interested in any kind of relationship with them, just 'pump and dump'.

This then leads to the usual 'WHERE ARE ALL THE GOOD MEN?' ... oh wait, you mean the men you keep rejecting for not looking like Brad Pitt, not having a 6 figure income, and being under 6' tall?

Soldato
This isn't by my own logic, its based on metrics that were released by multiple dating sites on the criterias that both men and women set.

Heres a link to such research, the twitter post provides a summary that is not apparent from directly linking the article:

https://twitter.com/Quillette/status/1105679979256389634

This is a well known fact when it comes to 'online dating', and has been as such since its advent.

Women simply have it a lot easier with finding matches that they get to 'date up', not that those men will be interested in any kind of relationship with them, just 'pump and dump'.

This then leads to the usual 'WHERE ARE ALL THE GOOD MEN?' ... oh wait, you mean the men you keep rejecting for not looking like Brad Pitt, not having a 6 figure income, and being under 6' tall?

Well you either accept and play the game or sit on the sidelines, grow old and die alone.

Either way, NO BODY CARES!

That's why I choose to play :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom