It's too hot :(

Man of Honour
Had several very violent rainstorms yesterday along with thunder but nothing that lasted very long. They seemed to just brew up out of nowhere slowly but steadily stretch out to cover a few miles then fade away as quickly as they came.

Soldato
Never thought I had hayfever, and I thought that would induce redness and wateryness too.

Everything is dry and looks fine but still itchy in the places where soap doesn't normally go, can't find any explanation on google how that can happen without redness / fluid leaking everywhere.

Feeling better after 3 washes a day, but still feel like I want to lather vaseline over my eyeballs.

I had that in bed last night, took a hayfever pill and was fine. No sneezing or eyed watering, just very itchy, even though I'd showered an hour before.

Soldato
Finally bit the bullet and bought myself a portable AC unit (Black & Decker 10,000 BTU). Not the most expensive item on the market, but not the cheapest either. Arrived today. After struggling to get the 30kg box up the stairs it was very easy to set up. Just a pity the pipe doesn't reach my top window (about 1 foot too short to be able to use) so I popped it out the main window (casement). As a reviewer on the rainforest site said, it has a refrigerator whine. Had it running for a couple of hours today and within 1/2 hour my room (south facing) dropped from 26 to 20c. Much more comfortable. Just need to find a window kit for it as it doesn't come with one and see if there's a way to extend the pipe to the top window.

Soldato
Finally bit the bullet and bought myself a portable AC unit (Black & Decker 10,000 BTU). Not the most expensive item on the market, but not the cheapest either. Arrived today. After struggling to get the 30kg box up the stairs it was very easy to set up. Just a pity the pipe doesn't reach my top window (about 1 foot too short to be able to use) so I popped it out the main window (casement). As a reviewer on the rainforest site said, it has a refrigerator whine. Had it running for a couple of hours today and within 1/2 hour my room (south facing) dropped from 26 to 20c. Much more comfortable. Just need to find a window kit for it as it doesn't come with one and see if there's a way to extend the pipe to the top window.

Ducting joiner/coupler, jubilee clips and another length of ducting.

Associate
Didn't take long for the weather to swing too far in the other direction. 13c by 7pm during peak summer! Judging by the upcoming and distant forecast this thread may as well be mothballed until next year. :p:(

Man of Honour
Didn't take long for the weather to swing too far in the other direction. 13c by 7pm during peak summer! Judging by the upcoming and distant forecast this thread may as well be mothballed until next year. :p:(

There was a ridiculous rainfall blip in the model output last night (like 3-4 months worth in less than 20 hours) - I assume it was a glitch rather than signs we should be building arks but these days who knows :s

Soldato
Last night we finally got rain but also after an hour of rain a very big storm, it was bliss, indoor temp dropped almost 3C even with windows and doors shut. As soon as I opened one of them a nice rush of cool fresh air.

Temps got down to a low of 21.9C, and even now at 1pm its only 22.8C. It finally feels like pre heatwave.

Associate
I was one of those who wanted the heatwave to go away

234t8c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom