Seat Leon estate (I bought an Octavia VRS 230)

Soldato
19" but not the extremes

235 Goodyear assy 5s are cheaper than 225s, annoying lol
I'm sure they were Xtremes when I looked at the ad, just refinished without the diamond cut. The Mk3 vRS only came with one 19" wheel choice.

225/35R19 is the standard size, a lot of people swap to 235/35R19 due to the price, some choose to inform their insurance that they're running non standard size, some don't.

Soldato
OP
Oh, I thought extremes were the other style I've seen them with, I'll double check. I could put the 235 on the rear and stick with 225 on the front, until they need replacing too, but if that means faffing with insurance, might just stick with 225. Was thinking the 235 might give a bit of rim protection.

Soldato
Oh yeah, black and diamond cut makes them look diff, I thought they were different lol.

The black versions only came on 'special edition' cars, such as as the prefacelift 230, original facelift 245 and 245 Challenge. If you optioned them on a normal vRS they were anthracite diamond cut. You could also purchase silver diamond cut versions from the accessories range.

Soldato
I'm sure they were Xtremes when I looked at the ad, just refinished without the diamond cut. The Mk3 vRS only came with one 19" wheel choice.

225/35R19 is the standard size, a lot of people swap to 235/35R19 due to the price, some choose to inform their insurance that they're running non standard size, some don't.

They didn't - 19" was an option, either stand-alone or part of the "Black Design Package". The "Challenger" edition released towards the end of Mk3 was 19" wheels as standard.

Soldato
They didn't - 19" was an option, either stand-alone or part of the "Black Design Package". The "Challenger" edition released towards the end of Mk3 was 19" wheels as standard.

I probably didn't word it very well but what I meant was that if it has 19s and they're not aftermarket, they're Xtremes. There wasn't another 19" wheel offered - they varied in colour depending on model/option but there was only one design of 19" offered for the vRS, not that the 19s were the only wheel offered for the vRS.

Soldato
I probably didn't word it very well but what I meant was that if it has 19s and they're not aftermarket, they're Xtremes. There wasn't another 19" wheel offered - they varied in colour depending on model/option but there was only one design of 19" offered for the vRS, not that the 19s were the only wheel offered for the vRS.

With ya :)

Soldato
A great purchase! Had my Mk3 petrol estate VRS for a couple of years now and love it, a good blend of practicality coupled with half decent performance - especially once mapped ;)

Associate

If we're splitting hairs here it was "black design pack plus". Standard "black design pack" didn't change the standard wheels :p

Soldato
If we're splitting hairs here it was "black design pack plus". Standard "black design pack" didn't change the standard wheels :p

*nerd mode* and even then, the 'Black design pack plus' got you the anthracite wheels, not the black wheels that were exclusive to the PFL 230, original FL245 and 245 Challenge :p

Soldato
OP
So much nerd talk....lol...love it.

I can see it in my wheels, the pattern, so all that confusion cleared up.

Booked some new tyres for the front to be fitted, on sat. Gone for they Goodyear Asy 5.

Associate
Looks great that rodders, excellent spec. Virtual cockpit would be a straightforward and worthwhile retrofit in future if you fancy it, especially as you already have the Columbus 9.2" so you can display maps on the VC.

Also did the previous owner have acid hands? My 63 plate DSG shifter leather still looks fine :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Does look a nice car and the upgraded large infotainment is nice to have.

As @ahenners says, VC is a relatively simple retrofit that will really freshen up the feel of the car too.

Soldato
OP
Ohhhh I would have loved the VC, happy to hear I can upgrade! I will look into that, do I need to code it in?

I thought the gearsticks were just a bit poor quality, it's not the only one we looked at that was bad.

Soldato
You'll want to get a retrofitter to do the VC, they'll mileage match, do the coding etc. for you.

I think going rate tends to be around £750-£950 depending on how much needs doing and whether you want a brand new unit or a used one - if you're MIB2.5 Columbus already, it'll probably be on the lower end of that.

Soldato
OP
I have a vcds cable, bought a long time ago when I had an Audi, but I guess I can't do millage.
I'll wait a while, or the missus will moan about all the money I'm spending, hehe.

Soldato
If you have VCDS and you're happy coding, there's a lot you can add quite easily.

The Mk3 Owners group on FB has a website with coding 'guides' (may need to register to see it).

You'll be able to code stuff like high beam assist and traffic sign recognition, along with more minor tweaks like setting the lines in the headlights to come on with DRLs etc.

Back
Top Bottom