Microsoft Flight Simulator

Associate
Indeed.

It might take you a minute or two as well :cry:

I think I need that Typhoon Timmy is flying about in... :cool:

giphy.gif

Caporegime
OP
Had a blast with this this afternoon. Didn't do any of the learning stuff yet, just using the AI Pilot feature and admiring the scenery. It does need some work though. Plotting a course from KLAX (LA) to KLAS (Las Vegas) and it did the take off and manoeuvring right but then promptly set an altitude of 1600ft and stayed there which meant my Airbus A320neo crashed into the mountain range near Pasadena. :D Most bizarre.

I can see me just spending days not even playing this - just using it as a more spectacular Google Earth and flying over so many different places that I would want to visit in real life but probably never will.

Soldato
That's weird, looking at Bing Maps, Seoul has both the Lotte World Tower and the Seoul Tower but it's missing from the game completely. It looks to be quite good detail as well.

Iq3qiYV.png

bPcobjk.png

The game takes data from Bing Maps and then substitutes in the closest match from a pool of generic objects, focusing on size, shape, colour, etc. It can't create bespoke objects. That has to be done manually (which is how Edinburgh Castle was an office block until the UK & Ireland World update).

Soldato
What happened to the free top gun pack that was announced at E3? I assumed it was out on release but I’m guessing its later in the summer to coincide with the movie, I wan’t me some F14 action…

Caporegime
The game takes data from Bing Maps and then substitutes in the closest match from a pool of generic objects, focusing on size, shape, colour, etc. It can't create bespoke objects. That has to be done manually (which is how Edinburgh Castle was an office block until the UK & Ireland World update).
Stadiums were the most obvious. Before the UK update, Wembley just looked like a circular block of flats, now it actually looks really good and accurate. Same with all the big stadiums.

Man of Honour
How do you get Active Pause to work on Xbox?

I don't see it in the left stick click menu, tried resetting the options but still doesn't show.

Use the search feature in the controller mapping area of the menu and search for ‘active’. You can then assign it to a button combo.

Associate
Is there a zoom button on Xbox? If I recall from playing FSX on PC years ago there was a key you could use that allowed you to zoom in and focus on stuff in the distance, which made it easier to read taxi signs, check papi lights, even some areas and instruments in the cockpit.

*Edit - not mapped by default but using the search advised by @CaptainRAVE above (thanks!) Was able to find and map.

@KraniX was just about to say the same as above, only there for me when doing my own flights from the world map, not when I've done tutorials or discovery flights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom