Disgusting display of Racism

Soldato
Wait how do you know he went for a crap? :D

This is why you have a regular barber, even if I go to my usual I specially request certain people because I've seen the others butcher people's hair but the customers are obviously first timers who are too afraid to say anything.
Oh man don't make me think back so vividly. He was just a young lad trying his best, bless him, but so ******* nervous. He went to the bathroom twice so I assume he had the squitz.

I am new in town so was trying to find a regular, and it was a Sunday so went to a really random place.

It is crazy how much a bad haircut experience ruins your mood.

Caporegime
I think the moral of the story is that Stormzy should be able to spend his money however he likes.

Not so such about HSBC getting involved though.

The only issue with Stormzy on it is that it's not his money as such. He's set up a charitable organisation (aka tax break) to do it. That's therefore a company and not a private individual.

Associate
Racist. Choose by skill, passion, ability and hard work not ******* color of your skin.

Agree - and the peeps who said earlier that a white celebrity would be chastised if they did similar are absolutely correct. I can appreciate the gesture by Stormzy and obviously he can do whatever he wants with his own money, but everyone is **** scared to publicly lambast actions such as these due to being branded racist themselves, so all I am expecting to see reported in the media is fawning over Stormzy and how much of a hero he is, rather than any criticism over the obvious exclusion of a large proportion of able students who would be equally deserving of help.

Soldato
Depends on the intention though, is he doing this in the name of fairness, disproportionality of black students at Cambridge or is he purely doing it because he hates white people. He might be doing it out if the goodness of his heart to help black teenagers get better jobs.
I don't see why people have an issue, as I see the former in this. Using his newfound wealth to help the young black people have a better chance than they would have done.

Is everyone just out to get their pants in a twist these days?

Caporegime

That can certainly be applicable and the side effects aren't necessarily very woke either.

For example, a friend of mine was ranting about his company, they'd gotten rid of a couple of Asian guys during the pandemic but when it came to new hires more recently he recommended a (male) friend for a job and was fobbed off, a newly minted female director has explicitly stated that she'll be prioritising women in STEM this year.

Thing is there isn't a shortage of Asian guys in tech roles so it's within a woke agenda for them to be disposable and indeed excluded in favour of (often white) women going forwards, which is what has happened at his firm.

So long as the overall stats end up looking better then who cares about the other effects.

Soldato
It doesnt bother me except you would think the qualification would be a very bright student killing it in exams but unable to go to uni due to money pressures of some kind

Soldato
I don't see why people have an issue, as I see the former in this. Using his newfound wealth to help the young black people have a better chance than they would have done.

Is everyone just out to get their pants in a twist these days?

Jealousy mainly and fear of losing your heritage. It's a numbers game and majority group identity gives people comfort. It's comforting to identify with a majority of people who share a common belief and culture and the fear is that the majority is being dissolved which it is really well if things keep going this way.

The sense of privilege is being lost. I believe there are a lot of forces trying to destroy England also both from within and outside, a lot of Europeans hate what they call English arrogance. Everybody hates the English basically apart from white English people.

Soldato
I don't see how people cannot understand the issue. This is an action to benefit a group of people selected based on their skin colour. This defines racism.

Soldato
Why am I not even surprised at these types of threads anymore. Never change OCUK.

At least it points out which close minded individuals are living in a fairy world in ivory towers and need adding to the ignore list.

I suspect the words "all live matters" were uttered by the same individuals too.

If you have nothing to offer in the way of argument either way in a thread why don't you just keep out of it rather than pathetically posting something you think makes you look virtuous?

In other news: -

About 33% of white British school students enrolled in university in the academic years 2010/11 and 2011/12.

That is the lowest enrolment rate of any ethnic group

—next lowest is Black Caribbean students at 37%. By comparison the highest performing groups were Chinese students (76%), Indian students (67%) and Black African students (57%).

Recent research suggests white British attendance has fallen since then.

Soldato

Back
Top Bottom