Microsoft Flight Simulator

Associate
Stadiums were the most obvious. Before the UK update, Wembley just looked like a circular block of flats, now it actually looks really good and accurate. Same with all the big stadiums.

Old Trafford looks pretty good too, Etihad not modelled though, just a flat aerial image on the ground, it's a decent looking stadium as well.

Soldato
Just flew around the Himalayas to Mount Everest. The views and expanse of snow covered mountains was phenomenal.

Then I was also introduced to my first in game thunderstorm. The combination of this with all the clouds etc. running on a console is absolutely incredible.

Associate
Is there a way to bring up a map when flying with locations? I find myself lost in the air at times not knowing where I am exactly.
There is also the option in the main configuration menus for displaying Points of Interest (POI) Shows airfields/towns/castles and stuff if you want it

Soldato
Thanks all for the responses regarding the active pause, it's odd as I was using the free flight mode as was taking off from Leeds Bradford and trying to find my house.

I'll check later and see if I can map it otherwise.

Soldato
Does anybody know where the Thrustmaster Xbox flight stick is in stock, been looking for weeks and can't find one anywhere.

I looked around on launch day and slim pickings, ordered from Amazon as said was temporarily out of stock and no ETA but at least I guess I'm in the queue and they won't charge until it ships... If ever.

Thrustmaster official site had stock but said 3 weeks for delivery so I left it but kicking myself now.

Caporegime
I looked around on launch day and slim pickings, ordered from Amazon as said was temporarily out of stock and no ETA but at least I guess I'm in the queue and they won't charge until it ships... If ever.

Thrustmaster official site had stock but said 3 weeks for delivery so I left it but kicking myself now.

There is one on eBay for £80 right now.

Associate

Maybe the ship that was stuck in the Suez that has now docked has a massive consignment of them on, can only hope lol.

I'm gonna keep my eye out for one as soon as I can get one, think it'll make the game eminently more involving. Not doing too bad with the pad but can tell there are loads of assists on, great for sight seeing flights though.

Associate
There seems to be a few complaints around the Thrustmaster HOTAS with Xbox https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/xbox-series-x-hotas-one-issues/426441/49

Keen to get one myself but struggling with stock as you guys have found. Hopefully some of those issues will be resolved soon.

Doesn't sound great - willing to risk it though, shame some of the great PC peripherals won't work with the Series X - wonder if there are any workarounds somebody clever has come up with - I'm in no way am expert but due to the PC like nature of the Series X architecture perhaps the way peripherals communicate with the Series X is similar to a PC? Might be totally off the mark though here in my ignorance.

Soldato
So after the 125GB re-download finally got to play. Noticed RAM usage way down now at Ultra 4K, but still topping out at 10GB vram so got a few 'jerky' moments flying over hong kong, grrrr!

Soldato
Doesn't sound great - willing to risk it though, shame some of the great PC peripherals won't work with the Series X - wonder if there are any workarounds somebody clever has come up with - I'm in no way am expert but due to the PC like nature of the Series X architecture perhaps the way peripherals communicate with the Series X is similar to a PC? Might be totally off the mark though here in my ignorance.

It's weird other controllers don't work since you can plug in pretty much any mouse and keyboard from what I understand, I guess there must be issues with the mapping or something for flight and joysticks.

There are some other control options coming supposedly but not sure when in the UK - Take to the Skies with These Official Microsoft Flight Sim Accessories - Xbox Wire

Turtle Beach VelocityOne Flight - Fall 2021 for $349.95 USD

VELOCITY-ONE-FLIGHT_IMAGE_1920x1020_1_JPG.jpg

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls XPC - Early 2022, no pricing

Honeycomb-Family_JPG.jpg

Thrustmaster T.Flight Full Kit X - July 27 for $199.99 USD in the US (This is just the Hotas One but with the pedals, cheaper as a bundle is you want both)

ThrustmasterFullKitX_WH_JPG.jpg

EDIT: Thrustmaster are also meant to be releasing a yoke controller this holiday.

Soldato
My console gets a bit toasty playing this, actually a stream of warm air coming out.

This is pretty accurate, except a bit too many trees than in reality.

APbyjRB.png

Yeah it does get warm, whats impressive though is how taxing this game must be, yet the series x fans don't ramp up, just a nice constant air flow from fans without being distracting.

Associate

Same, in the lack of alternative options currently I would take the risk, plus it's not especially expensive.

Man of Honour
It’s been fun flying over the UK in this weather today :p

I’ve just about managed it. Have switched off all flight assists, I thought I had, but for some reason my throttle cut out completely on landing and I fell short of the runway - at the end of an hours flight. There was no obvious reason for it either.

Back
Top Bottom