• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Gonna take me a while to scan through this thread, and forgive my ignorance, when you say 'drops' are you referring to a competitor website or direct fron nvidia shop? I'm after a 3080Fe and trying to work out where best to get these cards.. aside from monitoring a couple of discord alerts

Soldato
OP
Gonna take me a while to scan through this thread, and forgive my ignorance, when you say 'drops' are you referring to a competitor website or direct fron nvidia shop? I'm after a 3080Fe and trying to work out where best to get these cards.. aside from monitoring a couple of discord alerts

You go to a competitor website via a link on Nvidia website, or better still a telegram alert/link

Soldato
Is anyone getting high X570 chipset temps with their 3080 FE, particularly in the recent very hot weather?

According to Hwinfo my internal chipset temperature was reaching 85C and my top PCIE slot was getting to 71C when gaming (when using my GTX 1080 that card would actually cool the chipset under load and barely break 50C and the PCIE 58C). When this happened I'd get WHEA Bus/Interconnect warnings in the Event Viewer, I had to turn my fans up to keep the chipset below 80C and PCIE below 70C and this has solved the problem.

I have a Gigabyte X570 Master, a Phanteks P600S with four Noctua case fans and the front off and an NH-D15 cooler (so I should have good airflow). No NVME drives are using the chipset so it shouldn't be heating up so much. CPU temps are excellent and in the mid 60s C in gaming, possibly reaching 70C for a very brief spike in the very hot weather.

In a 30+C ambient GPU temps we're reaching 81C on the core with the old case fan profile, now with a 25-28C ambient they are reaching 76-78 C with slightly lower GPU fan speeds. With normal 18-22C ambient it would be in the low to mid 70s C.

Last edited:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Not heard of any FE cards been killed by the new world game. :)

I'm guessing it's a BIOS issue specific to certain cards/manufacturers... I read some EVGA cards were polling temp/performance data wrong and subsequently trying to spin the fans at 200 000 rpm --> dead

Soldato
I'm guessing it's a BIOS issue specific to certain cards/manufacturers... I read some EVGA cards were polling temp/performance data wrong and subsequently trying to spin the fans at 200 000 rpm --> dead

I read it was mainly the evga 3090s that were breaking but still it has put me off trying new world on my brand new 3080ti.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
These are peak temps.

GPU: 82 - 84.
VRAM: 86 - 88.
Hotspot: 92 - 94.

I think only VRAM temps are a general concern, and anything under 100 is good.

My 3080FE does:
GPU: 72 - 74.
VRAM: ???
Hotspot: 100-104

I think that's mixed up... 100-104 will be your VRAM. The hotspot is within the GPU and should not be > 100 (it's typically max 15 higher than GPU sensor)

Soldato

There is stock out there, you just need to know where and when. There are a few tools that help.

In a period of a few weeks, I managed to get a 3070FE, my friend got a 3080FE and her friend got a 3090FE.

Last edited:
Associate
Finally think I figured out the random crash’s/lockup’s.

I disabled dp1.4 on my monitor and since then not one lockup with my 3090fe or the new system which had the same issue.

Associate
Bang on MSRP.

and lastly.. so i don't waste my time chasing for nothing, the retailer nvidia links to.. is that the only one stocking FE cards, or are there stores out in the wild (without mentioning them) offering FE cards.

I know there are plenty of AIB out there, but i'm only intertested in the FE due to the performance/pcb dimensions.

Associate
The retailer that the Nvidia website links you to is the only one selling the founders edition cards.
Telegram FEpartalert is probably the best one for alerts.

Associate
and lastly.. so i don't waste my time chasing for nothing, the retailer nvidia links to.. is that the only one stocking FE cards, or are there stores out in the wild (without mentioning them) offering FE cards.

I know there are plenty of AIB out there, but i'm only intertested in the FE due to the performance/pcb dimensions.

FE cards aren’t particularly hard to get now, you just need to be prepared before the drop. Download telegram app and join the partalert group, have an account set up already and have your card details saved on ur phone/pc. As soon as the alert comes in just drop what ur doing and do it, it literally takes 2 minutes to checkout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
i had the part alert and another one on discord.. but those were useless as they alerted me on all types of cards.. i wasn't able to figure out how to filter on just FE type

Soldato

Fun fact, its Nvidia that is selling you the card. What they link to is only a "fullfillment centre" for them.

That is why they are exactly MRSP, because the "fullfillment centre" has no say in it at all.

Back
Top Bottom