Age of new tyres

Associate
I had some new Dunlop tyres fitted today. These were purchased from a large well known online retailer and fitted locally.

The date of tyre manufacture according to the side wall varies between 4020 (~ late September 2020) to 1121 (~ March 2021).

Is this 7 month variation between tyre ages and that fact that one of the tyres is nearly 10 months old acceptable and expected or something to be concerned about?

Caporegime
yeh i would have thought less than a year is fine. With the way stock moves around etc, i imagine loads are sold that were manufactured many months or even a year or two ago.

Associate
I had some new Dunlop tyres fitted today. These were purchased from a large well known online retailer and fitted locally.

The date of tyre manufacture according to the side wall varies between 4020 (~ late September 2020) to 1121 (~ March 2021).

Is this 7 month variation between tyre ages and that fact that one of the tyres is nearly 10 months old acceptable and expected or something to be concerned about?

Im guessing blackcircles, they buy a large batch of tyres in one go, oldest we had come in was 4 years old on the date code where as from our normal suppliers they are normally 6 months old maximum.

Alex

Soldato
I've just put some P Zeros on my car from camskill the fronts were late 2017 manfacture date and the rears 2020. The rubber on tyres really ages when it's out in the elements especially sunlight. If they are stored properly it's not an issue for quite some time.

Soldato
No they are not lol, I’ve had them on a car and Michelin are much better.

Ok but the Michelins aren't avaible in runflat in my size. The PZ4s do score very well in pretty much all tests. Compared to the Bridgestone I had before they are a huge improvement.

Soldato
I had some P Zeros on a Fiesta ST years ago and they were like budget tyres in the wet.

P Zero is a line of tyre. There's been loads of versions Inc the Rosso and Nero's to name just two. The PZ4s have won or finished high in lots of tyre tests and are much better than some of the other rubbish Pirelli have produced under the same label.

Soldato
I’ve got Dunlop Sport Bluresponse fitted to my 2019 Smart Fortwo from the factory, there supposed to be good but came out in 2013 so a little long in the tooth now.

Associate
Ok but the Michelins aren't avaible in runflat in my size. The PZ4s do score very well in pretty much all tests. Compared to the Bridgestone I had before they are a huge improvement.

which tests ?

Bit off topic but are
Toyo Proxes TR1 any good

Back
Top Bottom