Orcs Must Die 3

Soldato
I'm a bit of a fan of the series and the new game launched today.

Definate improvement in graphics. I've only played 2 hours but it's pretty damn fun. The new big maps are pretty intense.

Permabanned
Oh, cool.

Played the first one and loved it. Oddly, never even knew there was a sequel. Will definitely give this a go.

Is a great concept, tower defence as an FPS.

Soldato
A real favourite series of mine but I just couldn't get into Unchained, so I'm delighted Google paid for a third instalment lol. I've a week off starting August 2nd, so I think I'll try to resist until then.

Permabanned
^^ About 7-8 levels in, and I'm using that setup. Only difference is I have those ceiling levitation things. Next purchase is an AOE ceiling mount to compliment.

Really like the war mode things that crop up.

Pretty much on this all day yesterday.

Soldato
OP
Been having a go at endless mode.

My PC is pretty good, but near the end my FPS tanked a few times with some many enemies and traps firing off.

C3S24UT.jpg

AYIVtBT.jpg

Soldato
OP
How much longevity do you reckon Endless Mode brings @DEL 707 ?

I'd say so far, I've at least done 7+ hours in endless. It's a great way to try out new traps and setups.
Only problem is that around wave 40+, the mobs have a stupid amount of HP.

That screenshot I posted, where we hit 60 waves, took us nearly 2 and a half hours.

Soldato
I'd say so far, I've at least done 7+ hours in endless. It's a great way to try out new traps and setups.
Only problem is that around wave 40+, the mobs have a stupid amount of HP.

That screenshot I posted, where we hit 60 waves, took us nearly 2 and a half hours.
Blimey! I enjoyed Endless Mode a lot on OMD2, though I can't remember how long it took me to get through it all.

very disappointed with this game tbh. it's fun don't get me wrong, i'm enjoying my time with it, however seeing there's only 6 heroes is really disapointing, but to add to that, there variety and hero specific perks are pretty much gone now. i can play as 1 character, someone else as another, and we can use the same weapons, lay the same traps, and not notice a single difference between our characters.

i remember playing unchained and just changing your character made the map totally different and your play style change completely.

i'm also really disappointed with the amount of maps. 18 is half what unchained had. in 1 evening we've done 10 of the maps on harder than normal setting.

i can see in 2 weeks i wont be playing this game any more sadly, just because of a lack of content and variety.

endless is the only thing that will make this game worth playing once you've finished a level once

Soldato
Great, I love tower defence games, but I’m useless at finding games so don’t know which are the best ones to play.

Bloons TD6 is by far the best TD game of all time. It looks like a children's flash game, but it isn't. It's awesomely balanced and super challenging; every tower and every upgrade path has its uses, and it is still regularly updated with new content by the devs.

I've sank over 650 hours into it in the last two years and still haven't lost interest. Masterpiece. Best bit is, you can normally nab it for 69p in the sales.

Caporegime
I wish there was a sandbox option on this where you could take on the levels with an unlimited budget. Would be great to build the ultimate trap fest and work up inventive trap layouts to kill off as many orcs as possible.

Back
Top Bottom