Was I right to walk out of restaurant ?

Soldato
What restaurant was it? But yeh, I would have have asked how long two sheesh kebab and a nan bread was going to take after 15 minutes. If he said 5-10 mins fine, but would have left if it didnt arrive in 10 mins.
You were right to walk out. I would have gone and asked at 30 mins and said "It's been another 5 mins, where's my food or i'm leaving?"

Soldato
But, everyone had been served. We were the only ones waiting. There were no people waiting for take-aways.
I was beginning to get the impression that because our dish was cheap and they probably preferred us to take it away.

If they wanted to get rid of you they wouldn't leave you sitting there, you'd get your food first. Also, it doesn't work like that; we don't give a **** if it's a £10 order or a £100 order, we make it as the tickets arrive. Some things take longer.

Maybe you ordered something they had just run out of and they had to make some more from scratch.

Associate
If they wanted to get rid of you they wouldn't leave you sitting there, you'd get your food first. Also, it doesn't work like that; we don't give a **** if it's a £10 order or a £100 order, we make it as the tickets arrive. Some things take longer.

Maybe you ordered something they had just run out of and they had to make some more from scratch.

Even if that's the case, it should have been communicated as such to the customer.

He was told it would only take 5 mins, and it wasn't done for 40. The fault in that case is the restaurants.

Soldato
Even if that's the case, it should have been communicated as such to the customer.

He was told it would only take 5 mins, and it wasn't done for 40. The fault in that case is the restaurants.

It sounds like they said it would be another 5 minutes after waiting 25, not an additional 40 minutes.

So yeah, they were 10 minutes out and as I said OP was well within their right to leave without paying. I'm just pointing out that there's a myriad of reasons why they might have waited 10 minutes extra.

Caporegime
But, everyone had been served. We were the only ones waiting. There were no people waiting for take-aways.
I was beginning to get the impression that because our dish was cheap and they probably preferred us to take it away.

No offence but unless you’ve seen inside the kitchen then you are guessing this. My parents have a takeaway, sometimes customers walks in and I tell them it’s 90min wait and they look around and see no one else there. What they don’t take into account is that it is Saturday dinner time, there is 12 tickets ahead of them from the phone, all of them feeding 2-4 people each and one ticket on its own is large enough to take 35 mins alone and there is only 1 chef. So their “it’s only” order is after everyone else and then theirs. Unless they order something already made then it’s going to the back of the queue. If it’s something really quick to do, like 2mins then you squeeze it in and risk bumping the queue longer. But you don’t squeeze in a 10 min order when it’s busy because the guy waited 80mins who you told it’s going to be 80mins will expect it to be that.

The customer standing there do not know that and he might say “my local one takes 10mins”. What do you say to that? “Go to that one then?” Which is 200 miles away.

There are a lot of factors. The other week I went to London and me a friend went to this pop up place showing the football but they also serve food and alcohol. There wasn’t a match that day and we just had drinks and ordered a pizza each. It took an hour to arrive, we like you, asked “We’ve been here 40mins etc”. What turned up was an Iceland pizza! I wished I walked out to be honest lol

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What restaurant was it? But yeh, I would have have asked how long two sheesh kebab and a nan bread was going to take after 15 minutes. If he said 5-10 mins fine, but would have left if it didnt arrive in 10 mins.
You were right to walk out. I would have gone and asked at 30 mins and said "It's been another 5 mins, where's my food or i'm leaving?"
Cannot recall the name, but it was just off Sparkbrook in Birmingham. Not the sort of place you want to be around at night.

Permabanned
story comes across as a phone video after the fact lol. you were sat for too long wait on your order and decided to leave. that about the crux of it? someone in the shop moaned at you leaving. Gordon Ramsey would have said?

Soldato
And in today’s episode of things I’m going to twist and completely make up by Ballistix......

Yes I suppose, there's no such thing as black men that can actually understand customer service, we're actually simply all uncivilised brutes. I should just punch customers instead.

one of these days they’ll zip that jacket up tight on you if you don’t tone it down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom