• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yes, but it’s only against easy bots for now so you can’t really test anything in depth. It’s a cross between halo 3 and 5.

PvP opens on Sunday.
Cool, people said the controls felt good, would drag me back along with BF looking better. Still dont see me having an X by then.

Man of Honour
Cool, people said the controls felt good, would drag me back along with BF looking better. Still dont see me having an X by then.

Auto aim is low like in halo 5, not high like in 2-3.

Sprint is only 2% faster than walking.

No boost from halo 5 means way easier grenade kills (and deaths).

You regen your shield when running.

The assault rifle is very powerful.

Pickups being activated manually rather than automatically is very interesting.

The bots will never ever kill you, even in 4v1 situations. They are far too easy.

The graphics are no better than Halo 5.

The new colored outlines for team mates/enemies works well.

I keep dropping my weapon as they made the “next grenade” button (dpad right) drop your current weapon!

Clambering is still in.

Overall the game is a lot slower and simpler than Halo 5, and with a much lower skill ceiling unless the power ups really change a lot. This test is only against easy bots so it’s hard to tell.

Associate
Might be me missing something obvious, I know the Series S does 1440p and can also upscale to 4K, but cannot get it to work at 4K 120hz.

In the test in settings all the boxes are ticked except 4K 120hz, I bought an ultra fast hdmi cable and running it to a LG CX tv but still no dice.

am I just being thick and it’s not possible with the Series S or is there a setting I’m missing?

Soldato
S comes with a high speed cable in the box not an Ultra speed one. I don’t think there is much that runs 4K 120Hz on S I’m pretty sure it drops to 1080p for 120Hz on most games. There was a list on MS that showed the res and FPS.

Do you have a Red circle next to 4K 120Hz in settings ?

Soldato
Auto aim is low like in halo 5, not high like in 2-3.

Sprint is only 2% faster than walking.

No boost from halo 5 means way easier grenade kills (and deaths).

You regen your shield when running.

The assault rifle is very powerful.

Pickups being activated manually rather than automatically is very interesting.

The bots will never ever kill you, even in 4v1 situations. They are far too easy.

The graphics are no better than Halo 5.

The new colored outlines for team mates/enemies works well.

I keep dropping my weapon as they made the “next grenade” button (dpad right) drop your current weapon!

Clambering is still in.

Overall the game is a lot slower and simpler than Halo 5, and with a much lower skill ceiling unless the power ups really change a lot. This test is only against easy bots so it’s hard to tell.

SOunds pretty good to me, kinda glad boost is gone now.
Pickups sound better for more tactical play, assume you loose them if you die?
THink I read they are ramping up the bots difficulty over the days?
Looking at it it doe slook a bit better, but its Halo, not sure what more you can do in teh Halo verse for graphics, its kinda its style.
The sounds FX seems satisfying as hell in streams im watching.

Man of Honour
SOunds pretty good to me, kinda glad boost is gone now.
Pickups sound better for more tactical play, assume you loose them if you die?
THink I read they are ramping up the bots difficulty over the days?
Looking at it it doe slook a bit better, but its Halo, not sure what more you can do in teh Halo verse for graphics, its kinda its style.
The sounds FX seems satisfying as hell in streams im watching.

Boost really added a lot of tactics to the game that’s now missing. You used to have the 3 pillars of our aiming, out maneuvering, and out witting your opponents, but now the middle one is gone which lowers the skill ceiling.

You lose the pickups if you die, and you can hold 3 deployable shield that all get dropped when you get active camo.

It’s not just the bot difficulty, they also can’t navigate the map properly and get stuck trying to pick up the power ups.

The weapon sounds are great.

The bots as of 5 minutes ago are just as dumb as they were last night. Roll on PvP on Sunday.

Associate
S comes with a high speed cable in the box not an Ultra speed one. I don’t think there is much that runs 4K 120Hz on S I’m pretty sure it drops to 1080p for 120Hz on most games. There was a list on MS that showed the res and FPS.

Do you have a Red circle next to 4K 120Hz in settings ?

Yes, says above that I have to purchase a “ultra high speed cable, sold separately”. Which I have but made no difference, just find it odd I have a cable and tv capable of it but the Xbox won’t do it.

Soldato
Yes, says above that I have to purchase a “ultra high speed cable, sold separately”. Which I have but made no difference, just find it odd I have a cable and tv capable of it but the Xbox won’t do it.

Any settings on the TV you need to change, setting HDMI to enhanced or similar.

Soldato

Are you sure it's the right cable? If it's some unknown brand off Amazon for example it may not be a proper certified cable. There are a lot of counterfeit cables out there.

Associate
Bought an 8k certified etc etc cable but an admittedly unknown brand, so might have to fork out for a half decent one see if it makes a difference. Might also try one of my PS5 see if it changed anything.

Tried all the settings I can think of on the tv but will kept playing about with it.

Soldato
Still not sure on The Ascent. I'm only level 4 but not being able to save and spawning miles away from where I died is pretty annoying. Especially having to fight your way through the same enemies over and over again.

Edit
Uninstalled. Really wanted to like this but it's just not enjoyable running so far constantly getting attacked.

Last edited:
Soldato
Still not sure on The Ascent. I'm only level 4 but not being able to save and spawning miles away from where I died is pretty annoying. Especially having to fight your way through the same enemies over and over again.

Edit
Uninstalled. Really wanted to like this but it's just not enjoyable running so far constantly getting attacked.
Pretty sure it auto saves regularly doesn't it? Only had an hour or so with it so far but loving it so far.

Back
Top Bottom