Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Associate
Just got my quest 2, stock head strap is terrible coming from a rift s, can anybody recommend a head strap most similar to the rift s as that's perfect for me. Thanks.

I bought the BOBOVR M2 strap and I couldn't recommend it enough, really happy with the change.

I also replaced the facial interface and so far I'm not that happy with the change, as I find the replacement even more uncomfortable than the original one, so I can't recommend anything else but that strap really.

Soldato
I think i'm finally done with spending money on this Frankenstein now, the battery on the back makes it so much more comfortable, don't even need to tighten the headstrap anymore and it balances perfectly on the top of my head, no more sliding forward applying pressure to my face anymore.

d3B1hsF.jpg

Soldato
Printed out this gun stock.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4538594

What a difference it makes in games like onward etc. Far easier and more accurate.
Takes a while to build your muscle memory so you can take the reload hand off and snap it back on.
Took a few hours (40+) to print all the items but well worth it in the end.
Highly recommend it for people serious about shooters like onward, pavlov etc.

Soldato
Printed out this gun stock.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4538594

What a difference it makes in games like onward etc. Far easier and more accurate.
Takes a while to build your muscle memory so you can take the reload hand off and snap it back on.
Took a few hours (40+) to print all the items but well worth it in the end.
Highly recommend it for people serious about shooters like onward, pavlov etc.

That looks ace. Best advert for getting a 3D printer!

Associate
I bought the BOBOVR M2 strap and I couldn't recommend it enough, really happy with the change.

I also replaced the facial interface and so far I'm not that happy with the change, as I find the replacement even more uncomfortable than the original one, so I can't recommend anything else but that strap really.

The stock strap on my recently purchased Quest 2 128GB is awful. Almost impossible to get a secure and comfortable fit. So I just bought the BOBOVR M2 as well after your suggestion. All the reviews seem very positive and it's relatively cheap too (from AliExpress). Will take a week or two to arrive though. Cheers!

Associate
The stock strap on my recently purchased Quest 2 128GB is awful. Almost impossible to get a secure and comfortable fit. So I just bought the BOBOVR M2 as well after your suggestion. All the reviews seem very positive and it's relatively cheap too (from AliExpress). Will take a week or two to arrive though. Cheers!

Hope it gives you as good result as it did to me! It definitely was a game changer for me, I can't recommend it enough.

Soldato
Well, I noticed some cracks in my 5 week old Elite Strap last week, got in touch with Oculus Support who took until this morning to reply, and basically told me to get lost as I bought it from an unsupported retailer - OcUK.

Posted in the support forum and had a reply and RMA details within 8 minutes, so 10/10 customer service from OcUK (as always), 0/10 for Oculus!

Unfortunately, as it was bought b-grade there is no more stock, so it's going to be a refund and I need a new strap - having no confidence in the official one (or Oculus support), and looking through this thread, there seem to be a few options:

MVH
GOMRVR
BOBOVR M2

So far, the BOBVR looks the best, but delivery estimate is 3 weeks :/

There's also a "3XS" branded one which is on Prime delivery for tomorrow - anyone had any experience with it?

If possible I would like one which I can fit headphones over - it just about worked with the official strap. Failing that, I guess it's time to grab some decent earbuds!

Soldato
Just watched a couple of videos about the BOBOVR and my headphones (Steelseries Arctis Pro) should work with it.

Having never ordered from AliExpress before, anything I need to watch out for?

Soldato
Just watched a couple of videos about the BOBOVR and my headphones (Steelseries Arctis Pro) should work with it.

Having never ordered from AliExpress before, anything I need to watch out for?

If you like tinkering and changing things to just the way you like, the MVH Studios strap is probably the best strap out there. However you do need to spend some time with it to get it adjusted perfectly for your head.

Back
Top Bottom