The junk food thread, what's your guilty pleasure?

Soldato
Just ordered a shish.

I'll still eat doner and elephant leg chicken kebabs but honestly, that stuff is absolutely revolting. God knows how much crap is in it.

Caporegime
I've been watching this guy the past few days, I think he must hit the gym a lot to stay slim? How else would he do it?

Fat people eat junk food or snacks more regularly, like they'll have sugary drinks, packs of crisps at lunch etc.. it's that build-up of excessive calories/lack of exercise that makes them fat. For a typical overweight person small adjustments to their lifestyle and they'd have been able to maintain a normal weight instead becoming fat.

I do wonder how much actually gets absorbed if you eat so much in a single sitting - like that sort of thing might well upset the old bowels - he might well have technically consumed XX,XXX calories but in reality, he's not going to be able to absorb it all when eaten in one go like that, lots of it is just going to pass through. It's still a high-calorie meal but it's not the same as spreading those calories across a whole week. Secondly, sometimes competitive eaters will take laxatives or go and vomit after a challenge so it becomes almost completely moot.

Caporegime
I've been watching this guy the past few days, I think he must hit the gym a lot to stay slim? How else would he do it?
He is actually a personal trainer. When he’s not doing challenges, he eats an extremely healthy diet, and as soon as he feels able after a challenge, he does an intensive workout to shift as many calories as possible.

I don’t think energy must ever be a problem for him. I can’t imagine the amount of protein he consumes during a week.

It’s the American competitive eaters I worry about. Some of them look like a walking heart attack.

Do a search for Kate Ovens. She’ll really blow your mind, and your blood pressure ;)

Soldato
Usually one of two options for me.
  1. Large chicken tikka kebab on large naan w/ salad and garlic mayo (or chilli garlic sauce)
  2. Bag of chips, tray of doner meat and a large tub of chip shop curry sauce.

Soldato
Isn't it basically Thousand Island dressing?

this is not the exact recipe, but its probably more healthy and is close in taste IMO
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 TBS relish
  • 1 1/2 TBS mustard
  • 1/2 TBS BBQ sauce
  • 1 1/2 TBS apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/4 salt

Soldato
I watched him have a go at a 4.5kg Toblerone bar and I felt physically ill just watching! I think he got three segments in before throwing in the towel.:cry:

Back
Top Bottom