• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
They are doing the discount/upgrade emails in Queue order so your friend should not have been allowed to jump the queue so to speak, it is entirely unjustified to get a discount he was not yet entitled too.

The people answering the webnote should have been diligent in assessing the situation, now they will likely be flooded with requests, which is what the batches of emails were to prevent.

Permabanned
They are doing the discount/upgrade emails in Queue order so your friend should not have been allowed to jump the queue so to speak, it is entirely unjustified to get a discount he was not yet entitled too.

The people answering the webnote should have been diligent in assessing the situation, now they will likely be flooded with requests, which is what the batches of emails were to prevent.
Yea sadly he was able, he was fairly close to the front of the queue so its not like someone who is in the deeps 100s doing it.

Soldato
What's to stop people just cancelling then ordering one of the many cards in stock or are they doing discount prices for those in the queues?

Associate
Yea sadly he was able, he was fairly close to the front of the queue so its not like someone who is in the deeps 100s doing it.

Well that would be me so I'll refrain from bothering customer support. Will patiently wait for my email if it comes.

The reason for my confusion was that I'd thought all the offer emails would have gone out at once.

Permabanned
Well that would be me so I'll refrain from bothering customer support. Will patiently wait for my email if it comes.

The reason for my confusion was that I'd thought all the offer emails would have gone out at once.
Ya dont think they have a system in place to do something like that so they are just going through each queue and emailing offers out

Associate

I changed my queue they just said I could have it if I paid the extra fees which I did

Permabanned
I changed my queue they just said I could have it if I paid the extra fees which I did
Ya but when did you change order, this is a different case where they said that the people at the front of their queues will be offered first. But people are able to skip by just messaging customer service

Last edited:
Associate
Ya but when did you change order, this is a different case where they said that the people at the front of their queues will be offered first. But people are able to skip by just messaging customer service
I changed in March, I was like 70 in the queue for a palit 3080, then asked emailed cs changed over to a gigabyte 3080 with £350 additional fees. It was worth it I would say, got it in March, and I would’ve probably still been in the queue waiting if I didn’t change. Will be very helpful for when I go to uni this year. Also all I did was just email them and they said they can do the change. I’m not sure if they still do this now with changing queues

Permabanned
I changed in March, I was like 70 in the queue for a palit 3080, then asked emailed cs changed over to a gigabyte 3080 with £350 additional fees. It was worth it I would say, got it in March, and I would’ve probably still been in the queue waiting if I didn’t change. Will be very helpful for when I go to uni this year. Also all I did was just email them and they said they can do the change. I’m not sure if they still do this now with changing queues
I need an upgrade for college and would love to still get my 3080 but it seems like they arent getting any 3080s now

Associate
Correct. Across a very limited selection of models, with stock allocated directly by Nvidia for their system integration business channel. Generally it's less than 10% of our overall allocation. It has been explained many, many, many times before.

Do you expect Nvidia to abandon an entire segment of the industry and the many hundreds of thousands of people whose jobs depend on it because there's a lot of vocal DIYers out there complaining about supply?

Supply sucks, whichever side of the market you are on, it just happens that the demand for systems is lower than the demand for cards.

As for moaning about the "parent company" having stock, we are independent companies! Nvidia also allocate stock to each region separately & cross-border trading is frowned upon. Since doing so could severely affect future stock allocation & Nvidia get a weekly report of all of our graphics card ins & outs, we're not that stupid.

Thanks for the reply, but do you blame us for being salty?

Associate
Nope he got it for discounted as he had a 3080 order so he just gave his order number and then was given cards to choose from.
So maybe he missed the email or was due one in the next batch? Without knowing how many had already been offered the deals it's just speculation.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Thanks for the reply, but do you blame us for being salty?
of course not, but can you blame me for being fed up of, for what feels like the hundredth time in this thread alone, having to defend myself (as the SI manager) and the company from passive aggressive accusations of underhanded tactics?

Associate
Lets's think ourselves lucky, OCUK could've cancelled all our orders months ago but chose not to & are now attempting to resolve the situation through no fault of their own, one way or the other. If you have been or are cheesed off with the situation you have & always have had the option to cancel & get a full refund. Patience is a virtue!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Lets's think ourselves lucky, OCUK could've cancelled all our orders months ago but chose not to & are now attempting to resolve the situation through no fault of their own, one way or the other. If you have been or are cheesed off with the situation you have & alway have had the option to cancel & get a full refund. Patience is a virtue!
That patience can go very quick when you realise what you waited for might have been a whole waste of time.

Associate
Lets's think ourselves lucky, OCUK could've cancelled all our orders months ago but chose not to & are now attempting to resolve the situation through no fault of their own, one way or the other. If you have been or are cheesed off with the situation you have & alway have had the option to cancel & get a full refund. Patience is a virtue!
hi mate, a little belated, but hope you had a great time at the Gp!:)

Back
Top Bottom