Gaming pc for my son

Soldato
For that money he'd be better off with one of the new consoles if it's purely for gaming, and I'd say that if it was only the tower he needed -- if he needs a monitor and keyboard/mouse you're really going to struggle.

Soldato
Does £550 include a monitor? Keyboard? Mouse? If those have to be included then you're not going to fit anything new into your budget.

Right now is not the time to be buying a gaming PC as graphics card prices are hugely inflated. For pure gaming there's a lot to be said for a console. But if he wants to do web browsing, homework, and the like then look for a system based around a Ryzen 4700G.

Which games does he want to play? That will help us help you.

Soldato
Hi a full pc he would like? Open to both thanks

the situation with graphics cards now is kinda insane with very little stock and very high prices.

that makes building or buying a pre-made gaming PC very expensive at the moment sadly.

550 would be good for a non gaming PC but i feel that for a gaming PC the budget would need to be higher.

A gaming laptop may be easier at that budget, one with a 1650 Ti graphics card, 8GB RAM and 10300H CPU, something like an MSI GF63

Soldato
none of the cheap yet decent stuff is in stock, If itwere I#d go for an fm /fm+cpu with apu graphics built in, the cheapest motherboard and the fastest ram within budget, I've tried but as said, nothing is in stock
so yeah, sorry but you are SOOL atm, (poo out of luck)
gray is bang on really, think about a console for now, or keep saving and get a second hand laptop, or until stuff is in stock, do you have access to the members market?

Man of Honour
Gosh I had no idea how expensive these things are… yes a mouse and everything
How much are we talking for a good gaming pc? Thanks for all the advice
Realistically, double your budget. Mainly because of the silly price of graphics cards right now.

You can get AMD 4350G or 4650G systems in budget (5600G and 5700G are out soon), but we're talking older or esports games only, at 1080p med settings or lower. Newer AAA games will barely run at acceptable frame rates.

Soldato
You'd probably be looking at closer to 1K to get something decent especially if you need to include a monitor/ keyboard and mouse.

Soldato
Realistically, double your budget. Mainly because of the silly price of graphics cards right now.

You can get AMD 4350G or 4650G systems in budget (5600G and 5700G are out soon), but we're talking older or esports games only, at 1080p med settings or lower. Newer AAA games will barely run at acceptable frame rates.

This would be my choice.

Back
Top Bottom