• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I went with the Asus 3080 TUF TI upgrade in the end. Queue position 140 something. It's been a journey.

No online retailer wishes to do mass cancelations. There was a chap in Ireland sourcing cards via discord. I stuck with OCuk due to their reputation, that is all.

Associate
I went with the Asus 3080 TUF TI upgrade in the end. Queue position 140 something. It's been a journey.

No online retailer wishes to do mass cancelations. There was a chap in Ireland sourcing cards via discord. I stuck with OCuk due to their reputation, that is all.
Out of curiosity were you in the 3080 tuf oc queue or the normal tuf queue?

Associate
They said they were around 140
Reason I'm asking as if they were in the tuf oc queue and got an email with offers at position 140, then where is mine ha! I'm 123 in the queue for 3080 tuf oc at the moment so only curious really.

They might be in a different card queue completely so my query might not even be relevant. Just caught this while scrolling through the forum so thought I would ask.

Associate
I originally bought the OC. It's a bit mad. At the time I held off buying the 3080 at launch waiting a couple months to get the spare cash together and for third party cards to be available. Boy was that a mistake.

I don't even game, I'm getting it for the tensor cores.

Associate
I originally bought the OC. It's a bit mad. At the time I held off buying the 3080 at launch waiting a couple months to get the spare cash together and for third party cards to be available. Boy was that a mistake.

Bit weird you got your email before me since I'm closer in the queue, must hopefully be getting mine this week maybe or I have overlooked the email in my inbox :p

Associate
Reason I'm asking as if they were in the tuf oc queue and got an email with offers at position 140, then where is mine ha! I'm 123 in the queue for 3080 tuf oc at the moment so only curious really.

They might be in a different card queue completely so my query might not even be relevant. Just caught this while scrolling through the forum so thought I would ask.

im 55 in ASUS Tuf non OC queue. havent got an email, most likely wont accept anyway if it isnt anywhere near msrp.

Associate

yep those sweet sweet tensor cores.

Permabanned

Could have messaged the customer service on the forums instead of waiting for an email, also dont forget to check spam/junk mail

Associate
I've a long running thread with customer service due to Brexit. My email was due this week so It just came forward a bit. Tbh I doubt folks will be snapping the hand off them. The discount is moderate but welcome.

Permabanned
I've a long running thread with customer service due to Brexit. My email was due this week so It just came forward a bit. Tbh I doubt folks will be snapping the hand off them. The discount is moderate but welcome.
Discount is nice if you live in the UK, for me its a lot to through out as taxes and import make it very expensive, but like there already has, Im sure some of the other Irish consumers who are waiting will definitely take up on the offers, I just cant justify spending another like 400-500 euro more and then another 300-400 euro in taxes.

Associate
We both live in Ireland. computer parts are zero rated for custom duty. Vat is exactly the same as what you would have been charged by OCuk as they charged Irish customers Irish Vat.

I'll post back exactly what I was charged by DHL in terms of Tax.

Permabanned
We both live in Ireland. computer parts are zero rated for custom duty. Vat is exactly the same as what you would have been charged by OCuk as they charged Irish customers Irish Vat.

I'll post back exactly what I was charged by DHL in terms of Tax.
On page 2052 of this forum you will see a late Loshe had to pay neatly 400 euro for a 3080 Ti Strix when it came into Ireland

Associate
I'd expect to pay 320 euro in Vat. The Strix is more expensive than the TUF OC. It works out about 150 euro cheaper than buying from OCuk sister site in Germany.

These cards are expensive at the moment.

Permabanned
I'd expect to pay 320 euro in Vat. The Strix is more expensive than the TUF OC. It works out about 150 euro cheaper than buying from OCuk sister site in Germany.

These cards are expensive at the moment.
Yup, if I didn’t have college in about a month and a half I would have swapped cards but tuition and all that is fairly expensive so gotta save up what I got from work

Associate
I am currently in queue position 92 for the Asus 3080 ROG Strix Gaming OC - ordered 24/09/20.

Just wondering, based on other user positions, if I should have already had the upgrade email? Perhaps I deleted it from my junk mail without noticing it...

Associate
So, uh, y'know how I said it would be abjectly hilarious if I waited 10 months and paid for upgrades only for my GPU to not work? Well, uh. It doesn't work.

Or, rather, 'my computer as a whole does not work with the new GPU in it'. No display, but GPU RGB bar lights up, and pressing power on the case again makes it shut off instantly implies that it isn't even getting through the boot to windows, but the POST light cycle completes fine. Computer's working 'fine' with the old GPU in.

It's likely a fault with the PSU (I've been having some issues but 850W is enough power for the setup), but I'm going to need to find a place in town that can diagnose it. In the event it is the GPU, I hate to do this but tagging @ScottiB and @Gibbo just to ask what's OCUK's replace policy in the event the card is the issue? How long do I have to diagnose?

Last edited:
Permabanned
So, uh, y'know how I said it would be abjectly hilarious if I waited 10 months and paid for upgrades only for my GPU to not work? Well, uh. It doesn't work.

Or, rather, 'my computer as a whole does not work with the new GPU in it'. No display, but GPU RGB bar lights up, and pressing power on the case again makes it shut off instantly implies that it isn't even getting through the boot to windows, but the POST light cycle completes fine. Computer's working 'fine' with the old GPU in.

It's likely a fault with the PSU (I've been having some issues but 850W is enough power for the setup), but I'm going to need to find a place in town that can diagnose it. In the event it is the GPU, I hate to do this but tagging @ScottiB and @Gibbo just to ask what's OCUK's replace policy in the event the card is the issue? How long do I have to diagnose?
Ah sure you can ship it to me and I can have a look mate haha :cry:

Soldato

Try a mobo bios update. My 3060 wouldnt work in my pc until i did that.

Back
Top Bottom