Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
So do we know what is the dead pixel policy for this monitor? I'm getting paranoia now :D
If bought from OCUK

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/returns

TV & MONITOR PIXEL POLICY
Please be aware that all of our Suppliers and thus Overclockers UK conform to the ISO 13406-2 standard - the acceptable number of dead pixels based on screen size and resolution. Information on this can be found through any major search engine typing "ISO 13406-2" and the monitor brand name. Products with dead pixels of equal to or less than those defined within the ISO 13406-2 standard will not be accepted for return.

Seems you have to have a few!

Associate
If bought from OCUK

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/returns

TV & MONITOR PIXEL POLICY
Please be aware that all of our Suppliers and thus Overclockers UK conform to the ISO 13406-2 standard - the acceptable number of dead pixels based on screen size and resolution. Information on this can be found through any major search engine typing "ISO 13406-2" and the monitor brand name. Products with dead pixels of equal to or less than those defined within the ISO 13406-2 standard will not be accepted for return.

Seems you have to have a few!

What the ****? There's actually "acceptable number" of dead pixels? I never had even one dead pixel in my life (that I know of), but if I did I'd be pissеd beyond imagination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gangster
Associate
What the ****? There's actually "acceptable number" of dead pixels? I never had even one dead pixel in my life (that I know of), but if I did I'd be pissеd beyond imagination.

If returning within 14 days then number of acceptable dead pixels is irrelevant. You can return the monitor within 14 days even if there a no dead pixels. I returned a graphics card and cpu that I used for 14 days simply because I didn’t like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Well, I have a LOT of problems with the connectivity of this monitor.

I can't use HDR, it periodically disconnects going to "no input" and most of the time recovers after perhaps 1-2 seconds, but other times doesn't recover at all. This occurs even on the desktop or when doing something simple/non-fullscreen such as Youtube. In games it's every minute or more.

Changing from the default of 4k60hz to 4k 120hz I found it randomly disconnected, sometimes Windows defaults to "disconnect this display" in the display panel and trying to change it back to extend would see it default once more to "disconnect" even before I could hit the "keep changes" button.

Playing high frame rate games seems to experience some stuttering at 4k regardless of 60hz or 120hz, HDR or not. Changing another resolution fixed it, and enabling/disabling VRR/Gsync compatibility made no difference, nor did setting a framerate cap or enabling Vsync. The experience is a little like every 15th frame is just skipped, so it's smooth animation that's very slightly broken up 4 times per second.

I have two devices connected, one DP and one HDMI. I have 3 HDMI 8k60 / 4k144hz rated cables including the one from the box, and two DP 1.4. When switching to the other input it disappears entirely on the initial device as if the cable had been unplugged, which results in Windows re-arranging the desktop entirely. I've used several monitors with these two devices and switch them on the daily but have never seen one behave like this, even my GN850 (which coincidentally I haven't had a single issue with) doesn't work like this.

I've updated the firmware, installed OnScreen Control, Installed the UltraGear Control Center, installed the monitor drivers specific to this model, updated my 3070 drivers, reset my 3070 drivers to default settings, reset the monitor to default settings, changed the cables, tweaked the nVidia settings, played around with Windows settings and isolated the power socket to its own plug. As it stands, I cannot use HDR, I can't increase the font scaling beyond default, it still disconnects entirely when switching source and I have the stuttering in games. But I do have freesync and 120hz 4k enabled now which is about the best picture quality I can achieve aside from the stuttering.

I'll play more at a later date. I expected maybe some issues from what other people have said on this thread, but I did not expect anywhere near as many finnicky little problems as I've had, especially when I have a GN850 right next to it which works flawlessly.

Associate
Well, I have a LOT of problems with the connectivity of this monitor.

I can't use HDR, it periodically disconnects going to "no input" and most of the time recovers after perhaps 1-2 seconds, but other times doesn't recover at all. This occurs even on the desktop or when doing something simple/non-fullscreen such as Youtube. In games it's every minute or more.

Changing from the default of 4k60hz to 4k 120hz I found it randomly disconnected, sometimes Windows defaults to "disconnect this display" in the display panel and trying to change it back to extend would see it default once more to "disconnect" even before I could hit the "keep changes" button.

Playing high frame rate games seems to experience some stuttering at 4k regardless of 60hz or 120hz, HDR or not. Changing another resolution fixed it, and enabling/disabling VRR/Gsync compatibility made no difference, nor did setting a framerate cap or enabling Vsync. The experience is a little like every 15th frame is just skipped, so it's smooth animation that's very slightly broken up 4 times per second.

I have two devices connected, one DP and one HDMI. I have 3 HDMI 8k60 / 4k144hz rated cables including the one from the box, and two DP 1.4. When switching to the other input it disappears entirely on the initial device as if the cable had been unplugged, which results in Windows re-arranging the desktop entirely. I've used several monitors with these two devices and switch them on the daily but have never seen one behave like this, even my GN850 (which coincidentally I haven't had a single issue with) doesn't work like this.

I've updated the firmware, installed OnScreen Control, Installed the UltraGear Control Center, installed the monitor drivers specific to this model, updated my 3070 drivers, reset my 3070 drivers to default settings, reset the monitor to default settings, changed the cables, tweaked the nVidia settings, played around with Windows settings and isolated the power socket to its own plug. As it stands, I cannot use HDR, I can't increase the font scaling beyond default, it still disconnects entirely when switching source and I have the stuttering in games. But I do have freesync and 120hz 4k enabled now which is about the best picture quality I can achieve aside from the stuttering.

I'll play more at a later date. I expected maybe some issues from what other people have said on this thread, but I did not expect anywhere near as many finnicky little problems as I've had, especially when I have a GN850 right next to it which works flawlessly.

Man all of these stories of issues are making me wish I didn't order this monitor and its not even here yet....

Associate
Man all of these stories of issues are making me wish I didn't order this monitor and its not even here yet....

Might depend on your use case.
After some more testing, I now have all three of my monitors set up to use DP, taking up the 3x DP slots on my 3070. So far I'm at 144hz with Extended adaptive sync enabled, Faster response time and HDR enabled on the 2 LG monitors that support it - haven't experienced any major problems at least initially, have yet to try gaming. But it might be that eliminating HDMI 2.1 entirely could be the solution - I hadn't tried that in my previous testing.

Soldato
Well since I have changed the monitor plug socket and put the power adapter onto my desk I haven't had a single black screen. This is the longest I have gone so far

Pray to the monitor gods this is fixed.

Associate
I mean if my monitor has as any of these issues at all, connectivity, black screen (no matter how rare), dead pixels or scratches on this display it will be going back same day. I also wouldn't expect to have to plug it in using any special isolated arrangement.

To me if you have to do workarounds and hacks like that to make a product work as intended it isn't fit for purpose.

Associate
I don't get it, y'all seem to be having all kinds of issues and y'all are running Winblows where this monitor is officially supported with all the UltraGear Control Center junk and whatever.

In the mean while, I have 2 of these monitors plugged into my ol' 2070 Super and I don't have a single problem (for now). The irony is my OS is Ubuntu which is not even officially supported, but maybe that is the reason for 0 problems :D

Associate
I've been playing LoL, TFT, Monster Hunter, a little bit of Cyberpunk and haven't had a single issue since switching to all DP.
Seems my big problems were from mixing HDMI with DP. Odd.

Associate
I mean if my monitor has as any of these issues at all, connectivity, black screen (no matter how rare), dead pixels or scratches on this display it will be going back same day. I also wouldn't expect to have to plug it in using any special isolated arrangement.

To me if you have to do workarounds and hacks like that to make a product work as intended it isn't fit for purpose.

I had 2X 27GP950s (The build quality screamed budget plastic and not premium enough) and had black screens during Call of Duty multiplayer and it was very annoying- also didn't see how 4K was better than 1440p in my games and felt on balance with the black screening and £350 premium over the GP850-b, it wasn't worth it and returned.

Will upgrade my 27GP850-b (cost £399 from another company in EU) now in about 5/6 years when micro LED 4K screens can be had for under £400 lol

Associate
I don't get it, y'all seem to be having all kinds of issues and y'all are running Winblows where this monitor is officially supported with all the UltraGear Control Center junk and whatever.

In the mean while, I have 2 of these monitors plugged into my ol' 2070 Super and I don't have a single problem (for now). The irony is my OS is Ubuntu which is not even officially supported, but maybe that is the reason for 0 problems :D

Out of interest how do you have yours plugged in? DP or HDMI?

Associate
Makes sense, 2070S doesn't have HDMI 2.1.

I have no issues with DP, I wonder if everyone with issues is using HDMI 2.1.

Actually 2070 Super does have HDMI. In fact I don't know of consumer GPU that doesn't.

Yeah, HDMI could well be what is screwing things up. Everybody who is having issues should plug theirs into a PC via DP and see if those issues still persist.

Associate
Actually 2070 Super does have HDMI. In fact I don't know of consumer GPU that doesn't.

Yeah, HDMI could well be what is screwing things up. Everybody who is having issues should plug theirs into a PC via DP and see if those issues still persist.

HDMI 2.0, yes. But not HDMI 2.1 which is the only real selling feature of 27GP950 beyond 27GN950 (other than that you can actually buy it I suppose).

HDMI 2.0 does not support 120hz 4K unless you strip literally all other features, so it would be pretty pointless with this monitor, you're correct to use DP.

Associate
How do you guys find the backlight bleed? I've got a 27UL850 at the moment and there doesn't really seem to be any, wondering if it will be considerably worse on these.

Associate
How do you guys find the backlight bleed? I've got a 27UL850 at the moment and there doesn't really seem to be any, wondering if it will be considerably worse on these.

I can't say that I have noticed any problem with backlight bleed at all, but I haven't yet watched or played anything with particularly dark scenes so may just be a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom