First time watercooler - spec + questions

Soldato
OP
So what's the gist of EK? Stay away from their stuff or are their radiators good?

Gone all in on EK for my build. Not found any quality issues so far.

Only gripe is that you have to go looking for the installation manuals online but that takes about 2 minutes.

The only real concern I have is with how hard the blocks clamp down. Instructions state tighten screws until you reach the end of the thread but my cautious side keeps thinking something will break! Probably just a confidence thing.

V F

V F

Soldato
That's unfortunate. I'd have to get rid of the GPU support for the 54mm rad on the floor. The other 54mm radiator will fit no problem on the roof.

Unless I go with a thinner radiator on the floor or just go with two 54mm and find another way to support the GPU. As it's looking very difficult getting a waterblock for the GPU and importing it could be a while.

Plus by the looks of it, there aint much space for the EK waterblock on the 1080Ti for the tubes. It would have to sit vertical. Wouldn't be able to get the side closed.
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc1080-gtx-ti-ftw3-nickel

50772923887_05942461e9_b.jpg

50772059548_baa40368f9_b.jpg

Associate
I really like the EK fittings. Did not like the EK CPU block but I am sure it would have been ok once it was on. EK instructions are rare to non existent and you have to work it out as you go along.

V F you are thinking of cramming a lot of stuff into a smallish case. I assume that EVGA 1080ti has 140mm width PCB so with any GPU block the ports will interfere with the side window if mounted normally,unless you find a block with ports on the end not side. If you mount it vertically then you cannot move it too high without starting to hide the CPU and ram. Not much room at bottom for rads in the dynamic, that's why they made the XL.

V F

V F

Soldato
I really like the EK fittings. Did not like the EK CPU block but I am sure it would have been ok once it was on. EK instructions are rare to non existent and you have to work it out as you go along.

V F you are thinking of cramming a lot of stuff into a smallish case. I assume that EVGA 1080ti has 140mm width PCB so with any GPU block the ports will interfere with the side window if mounted normally,unless you find a block with ports on the end not side. If you mount it vertically then you cannot move it too high without starting to hide the CPU and ram. Not much room at bottom for rads in the dynamic, that's why they made the XL.

I think I'll probably go the route you have. 54mm on top, 26 or 38mm on the floor. Lian-Li distro plate, I'd also want to put in a drainage part for maintenance. The hardest part will be what to do with the 1080Ti. I've really no clue what is best for the fittings but I'd definitely have to go the hard tubing route/kit.

Associate
My build is different to Damiens build V F.

Current state of build.

I do not have a rad at bottom at all, just fans and the GPU hovers 5mm or so above them. If you were to put a rad in and work out how to vertically mount in a higher position then the 140mm width card I have and that 1080TI that you have would start to hide the cpu block and ram. The Dynamic is not designed for rads at bottom and vertically mounted gpus. Just trying to be clear and not let you think it would be easy to do it the way you are thinking, I do not see how it would work in an O11 Dynamic.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Pressured my loop up to approx 0.70 bar last night.

Checked this morning and it had dropped approx 0.02 bar over the course of 10 hours.

Is this an acceptable amount? Does anyone know the working pressure of a watercooling loop when in service/filled?

Associate
Looking good Damien. That is very high pressure, do not go above that. I think I read WC loop is around 0.3 bar but it will depend on your pump I guess.

What were NV thinking when they designed that power connector.

V F

V F

Soldato
Looking good Damien. That is very high pressure, do not go above that. I think I read WC loop is around 0.3 bar but it will depend on your pump I guess.

What were NV thinking when they designed that power connector.

It has to be the most hideous yet.

Soldato
OP
Some progress this evening.

Hit list for not to distant future;

Cablemods gpu power cable
Vertical mount gpu
Custom front plate with more fans

Associate
I know the FE cards have slimmer PCB and could work with a vertically mounted gpu but you may want to remove GPU and hold it up side ways to see how it will look before you decide to go that way. I think Phanteks do a universal adjustable vertical mount that may work with a rad+fans at the bottom but you will have to research the best way to do it. The Lian Li vertical bracket will be practically useless for you beacuse it is designed to screw into the base of the case and unless you get really lucky I am not sure much of it will be of use.It comes with a 20cm pcie 3 riser cable that will be too long and you will most likely need a 10cm or less cable imo. BY vertically mounting you can hide most of the hideous pcie cable so think if you want to splash out on different cable before you try it. I am using the generic psu cable for my gpu and i can barely see them.

I am sure someone else has put a 30mm rad+fans at bottom with vert mount gpu in this case , find out what they used for gpu mount.

V F

V F

Soldato
I know the FE cards have slimmer PCB and could work with a vertically mounted gpu but you may want to remove GPU and hold it up side ways to see how it will look before you decide to go that way. I think Phanteks do a universal adjustable vertical mount that may work with a rad+fans at the bottom but you will have to research the best way to do it. The Lian Li vertical bracket will be practically useless for you beacuse it is designed to screw into the base of the case and unless you get really lucky I am not sure much of it will be of use.It comes with a 20cm pcie 3 riser cable that will be too long and you will most likely need a 10cm or less cable imo. BY vertically mounting you can hide most of the hideous pcie cable so think if you want to splash out on different cable before you try it. I am using the generic psu cable for my gpu and i can barely see them.

I am sure someone else has put a 30mm rad+fans at bottom with vert mount gpu in this case , find out what they used for gpu mount.

Nice options!

https://www.phanteks.com/PH-VGPUKT.html

Soldato
OP
Just filled and fired it up. Played Witcher 3 for an hour and what can I say, blown away.

GPU temp maxed out at 34c where previously it ran at around 70 with an undervolt. CPU sat at a steady 50c which is acceptable for an AMD. Really happy.

Back
Top Bottom