Adding back a downstairs toilet

Soldato
Hi all.
In my new house the previous owner removed the downstairs wc and turned it into a cloakroom.
Looking to get this turned back into a toilet, there is water pipes capped off still there but I have a question about the waste pipe.
Would the be under the floor and filled in as I can't see it for obvious reasons. Outside the house there is a waste pipe manhole cover (I think) so assume this is the soil pipe?
Any help would be great and just wanted to know about what exactly I need.
Cheers

Soldato
Why would someone remove a downstairs toilet in exchange for a cloakroom. If anything I would have thought that would devalue the house slightly.

Soldato
OP
The soil pipe is probably capped off in the floor or wall. It'll just be a case of ripping the room out until you find it.

Thanks thought this might be the case will be getting a builder in anyway i just wanted to make sure myself really.

Soldato
OP
Why would someone remove a downstairs toilet in exchange for a cloakroom. If anything I would have thought that would devalue the house slightly.

Yes exactly what I thought and I can't see any logic behind removing the toilet, thats why I'm adding it back in! I'm sure the house could have sold for more if they just left it In, very strange.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
What's on the floor? unless there's a filled in hole visible on the wall its likely to be underneath your flooring, fingers crossed its just a cap.

Soldato
OP
What's on the floor? unless there's a filled in hole visible on the wall its likely to be underneath your flooring, fingers crossed its just a cap.

Can't see a hole visable in the wall and the floor has some tiles down over it. Floor will be coming up anyway, I'm guessing if its not been capped and just filled in this is going to cause a big issue.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Can't see a hole visable in the wall and the floor has some tiles down over it. Floor will be coming up anyway, I'm guessing if its not been capped and just filled in this is going to cause a big issue.

Plastic plug and tiled over is my guess.

Back
Top Bottom