What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Ring your AD. I got mine for less than £4k because they wanted to clear way for the new movement version.
I would certainly be doing that if I had the cash in my pocket now! I just got a nice raise which I'm putting towards it but unfortunately it'll be a few months until I have the necessary funds.

I see on Chrono24 you can still get the 3570.50 for well under £4k and under £3k in some instances. I would have to do a lot of research before buying from a dealer abroad, that scares me!

Associate
Took a punt and ordered a Devosa Ternos Ceramic (looks like a submariner homage ?) anyhoo..Got the black dial version, 40mm case, 12.5 thickness.

8-FC92-D6-E-72-A7-41-C6-83-B7-AA17-F9410-EA1.jpg

edit - looks blue in this photo. Think it may be the coating on the glass.

Did you get this watch in the end? I've had one as my daily wear for about 7 years and it's been fantastic. Sub style and good quality for a very modest price - I paid about £350. Has held up well to daily abuse too.

Soldato
Did you get this watch in the end? I've had one as my daily wear for about 7 years and it's been fantastic. Sub style and good quality for a very modest price - I paid about £350. Has held up well to daily abuse too.
I did ! The quality is excellent, for the price. Think I paid about the same for mine too. My only gripe is, the lume could be a tad better (it’s spread is ever so slightly too thin on the hour hand, in the middle)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Damn, first time my Hamilton has been fully depleted. 91 quick turns to fully wind! The Stowa is 40 turns which is in-line with its 40~ hours reserve. But the H-50 needs more turns than its reserve!

Not an issue, just a surprise lol.

That dial though:

hamilton_khaki_PP_MECH.jpg

Last edited:
Associate

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Miyota 9015 is the date version of the 9039 that I had in 3 watches. The 9 series are the higher end movements from Citizen and are very good and almost always regulated to at least 3 positions by good micro brands. Mine was +2s a day accurate which is well in-line with Tudor's regulation. Accuracy seems fairly consistent across the board too. I would completely ignore the paper specs from Miyota for accuracy if you are buying a watch from the likes of Zelos etc using the same movement as they will come far more tightly regulated.

The only thing to note is that Miyota's autos have a unidirectional winding rotor, so in the other direction it free spins which you will hear. Some people like this, some don't. I have no issue with rotor noise and actually like it. Other than that it's a tried and tested movement that's known for reliability.

Associate
This lovely Orient landed a few days ago, I liked the clean crisp look, the dial is a silver / white.
40mm and very comfy on my 8" wrist.
I think I got lucky with their in house movement, currently running at +1 sec per day, that's with wearing it about 8 to 10 hrs and resting face up.

o96NJJ5.jpg

Associate
I did ! The quality is excellent, for the price. Think I paid about the same for mine too. My only gripe is, the lume could be a tad better (it’s spread is ever so slightly too thin on the hour hand, in the middle)

Awesome! Yeah I agree lume isn't amazing but it really is hard to pick faults with for the price. I had to send it back to Davosa in Germany for a repair a few years ago and the service was excellent too.

Associate
What a beauty

This lovely Orient landed a few days ago, I liked the clean crisp look, the dial is a silver / white.
40mm and very comfy on my 8" wrist.
I think I got lucky with their in house movement, currently running at +1 sec per day, that's with wearing it about 8 to 10 hrs and resting face up.

o96NJJ5.jpg

Soldato
Awesome! Yeah I agree lume isn't amazing but it really is hard to pick faults with for the price. I had to send it back to Davosa in Germany for a repair a few years ago and the service was excellent too.
I’d definitely look at picking another one at some point in a different colour scheme. :) Impressed with the quality.

Soldato
I haven't actually looke don there have to say, will do at some point nearer the time the itch gets a little more evident though!

Forgot to add this after you posted.

They're doing a 10k giveaway when they reach 100k subscribers. They're just under 70k at the moment so plenty of time to pick and choose a potential watch with an extra 10k if you win to spend on it :cry:

Associate
Really want the BB58, Watchfinder are offering 1300-1400 for my grand seiko sbgn003 quartz gmt which is a little lower than I expected (don’t want to mess about selling privately) but if it means I can get the Tudor quicker then I think I’m going to go ahead with it.

Soldato
Really want the BB58, Watchfinder are offering 1300-1400 for my grand seiko sbgn003 quartz gmt which is a little lower than I expected (don’t want to mess about selling privately) but if it means I can get the Tudor quicker then I think I’m going to go ahead with it.
Nice one ! Which colour way are you going for ?

Back
Top Bottom