• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Gave up waiting today and ordered a gainwind 3070 Ti in a bad mood, only to feel terrible guilt about allowing myself to over pay so i cancelled shortly after.

Back in square one now watching sites, my phone and emails.

Hope you didn't buy the 3070ti from the same place that sells the FE cards and then cancel the order, because if so you can't buy any 30xx cards now from FE to AIBS they class that as a purchase even if you cancel. They only allow one purchase of a 30xx card.

Soldato
Hope you didn't buy the 3070ti from the same place that sells the FE cards and then cancel the order, because if so you can't buy any 30xx cards now from FE to AIBS they class that as a purchase even if you cancel. They only allow one purchase of a 30xx card.

different place but your right, one per customer will mean only one shot at an FE so better get it right the first time

Soldato
different place but your right, one per customer will mean only one shot at an FE so better get it right the first time

Yeah sucks they changed the rules, I'm going to be cardless at the end of the weekend, just hope my mate that's having the 3060Ti for one of his kids builds can get me a 3080 before the beginning of September when I get back..

str

str

Soldato
Successfully rejecting a purchase using the distance selling regulations requires unwinding the contract as if it did not happen.

I don't blame retailers for this type of enforcement action because whoever decided this policy does not realise they are failing to uphold our statutory rights.

Such enforcement action should be disputed as unfair under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations.

A reasonable person could dispute it by making a reasonable complaint in writing to the retailer and include that being able to purchase the item would satisfy your complaint.

Associate
Successfully rejecting a purchase using the distance selling regulations requires unwinding the contract as if it did not happen.

I don't blame retailers for this type of enforcement action because whoever decided this policy does not realise they are failing to uphold our statutory rights.

Such enforcement action should be disputed as unfair under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations.

A reasonable person could dispute it by making a reasonable complaint in writing to the retailer and include that being able to purchase the item would satisfy your complaint.

I still think if you use something, morally you should keep it- its unfair on the retailer if they have to accept the return- they will likely lose money selling it again.

Soldato
It’s also irrelevant, it’s still their choice as to whether they want to sell you a different GPU or not even if you return the current one.

They are will within their right to say no as long as they are not discriminating against you on the basis of a protected characteristic (e.g. race, sex, age etc). Last time I checked GPU shortages didn’t fall under the equality act.

P.S. there is no rule to say they must accept the return of you have used the product and many retailers don’t. The 14 days gives you the right to inspect it but it doesn’t give you the right to use it for two weeks and then send it back. The goods are meant to be returned in resealable as new condition, last time I checked, used isn’t new.

Both the retailer and the customer are meant to be put back to the same position with the only costs lost being postage. Retails can obviously choose to go further but they are not obligated to.

Soldato
Have gone for a 3070Ti, I would have liked a 3080 but don't fancy my chances of being quick enough to get one.

I did have preorder for one of the OcUK 3060Ti. Is it safe to cancel that preorder now i have the conformation email for the FE?

Soldato
I bought a 3070 Ti, not the card i wanted ( i wanted a 3060 Ti or 3070 ) but i have had enough of waiting

Honestly at this stage im just glad to have something, what a horrible situation

Associate
I bought a 3070 Ti, not the card i wanted ( i wanted a 3060 Ti or 3070 ) but i have had enough of waiting

Honestly at this stage im just glad to have something, what a horrible situation

Im sure with things the way they are now going you could have got the card you wanted if you waited a few weeks.

I grabbed a 3070ti myself as I was after anything between 3070 and 3080 so the 3070ti will do me fine.

Soldato

Yeah, and then **** change the rules so you end up with the card you could get, but not the card you wanted, so I'm waiting for that 3080 and hopefully my mate can get me one as my 3060Ti's going in his daughters PC this weekend and I'll be running a GT1030, I'm sure I won't notice any performance difference lol...

Back
Top Bottom