• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
I bought a Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT OC for €1228...
and in don't regret it at all... here is why.

6800XT MSRP €679 - No stock anywhere at this price.
Sapphire Nitro 6800XT MSRP works out about €120 over

Giving this card a €800 price tag before any shipping, customs, fees,VAT and retail percentage (for Ireland).

I had a 5700XT sold for €550 due insane market demand.

1228-550 = €678 <- end price of my 6800XT....you could look at the real value of a 5700XT, and have that conversation however everything is inflated and mad.

Just a bit of perspective.

Soldato
Looking at auction site for sold recently at the 3080 basically selling the same as you can find at retailers selling them for so doesn't seem worth scalping

Only ones that seem worth scalping are the ones you can get with Nvidia Fe drops

If you are looking at Ebay I've noticed that forever. A lot of things always seem to be more expensive on there compared to normal shops?! I don't know if that's the bidding war aspect though where people can't let go of something once they start bidding and get FOMO.

Soldato
If you are looking at Ebay I've noticed that forever. A lot of things always seem to be more expensive on there compared to normal shops?! I don't know if that's the bidding war aspect though where people can't let go of something once they start bidding and get FOMO.

I was looking at the sold buy it now prices and also whats currently for sale for buy it now dont get why people would buy when retailers are also selling them for the same price , but some listed are none LHR that could be playing some part, the retailers are mostly now LHR only

either way not worth scalping now looking at the 3080 anyway

Associate
I bought a Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT OC for €1228...
and in don't regret it at all... here is why.

6800XT MSRP €679 - No stock anywhere at this price.
Sapphire Nitro 6800XT MSRP works out about €120 over

Giving this card a €800 price tag before any shipping, customs, fees,VAT and retail percentage (for Ireland).

I had a 5700XT sold for €550 due insane market demand.

1228-550 = €678 <- end price of my 6800XT....you could look at the real value of a 5700XT, and have that conversation however everything is inflated and mad.

Just a bit of perspective.

I used to keep my old gpu or pass them onto family members. With this market I have come to recognize that you can treat a gpu in a similar way to a car, sell them off to pay towards a new gpu, especially when you can sell your old card for more than you paid for it. Selling my old Vega meant I paid less for my 6800 than MRSP, if I take into account the money for the Vega. TBH I also took a gamble on selling a 6800 at the top of the market and buying the very same card back cheaper, which you can't do in most markets but it paid off in this one. I sold a 6800 to the second hand chain, which was advertising £1000. They haven't been able to sell their stock at the £1200+ they wanted and have now reduced their prices to £800. So I was able to buy back the very same card that I sold to the shop for less than they paid for it, this alone brought the card back to below MRSP without taking into account what I also got for my previous GPU. I have currently also got another card with the shop that I don't think they will sell at the price they want & I am going to see if I can buy that back for less than I sold it to them. This card is just a bit of fun though and would just be as a backup card if I do get it back from them for less than I sold it to them for

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yes but that's only because of the mining frenzy. Things are still settling down and it could take a bit more time. This whole situation came about because at rrp you could likely make your money back in months from mining, effectively making the cards free. That then lead to a further problem of no stock at all which meat scalpers saw the perfect opportunity to buy for a profit.

So essentially you had the normal market of just gamers which inflated due to the cards being almost free (effectively), serious miners all over the world hoovering up pallets of cards, and scalpers looking to turn a profit.

Once the big time miners and scalpers are no longer interested, and the mining ROI turns into years rather than months for the average Joe, things will get back to normal.

I just don't believe there will be enough people still waiting to spend ludicrously inflated prices on gpus.

It is AMD's fault for allowing mining tasks on graphics cards aimed at the gaming market.

Technically, AMD should be sued for this situation and the whole inconvenience caused to all of the customers.

Permabanned
Even though the mining card of choice this time around is the RTX 3060Ti/3070? So AMD should be sued for a competitors product?

The CEO fails to deliver the promised product at the corresponding official price.
Without further price hike notifications, justifications or any explanations.

radeon rx 6800 xt launch slides price - Google Search

"
AMD is offering the Radeon RX 6800 XT at $649, or $50 less than the RTX 3080
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Review - NVIDIA is in Trouble | TechPowerUp
"

Soldato
Link please.
If true and worldwide delivery, I will excuse myself.
The 6800XT can be bought from the AMD shop for MSRP. So again why are you complaining?

They don't sell anything to the uk on the amd store, due to brexit situation. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdonlinestorefaq#faq-Shipping-Information

1. Shipping Information
    NOTE! Orders must be received and confirmed by 2:00pm Eastern for US orders, 11:00am Eastern for Canada orders, to be processed the same business day. Orders received after these specified times will be processed the following business day.
    1. Has my order shipped?
    2. How do I get my tracking number?
    3. Can I change my shipping address?
      • Unfortunately, you cannot change your shipping address after your order has been submitted. The order is immediately sent to the warehouse and can no longer be changed by our system. If your package is not successfully delivered, it will be returned to the warehouse and a credit will be made to your account.
    4. Can I change my shipment method?
      • Unfortunately, you cannot change your shipment method after your order has been submitted. The order is immediately sent to the warehouse and can no longer be changed by our system.
    5. Which countries does the AMD Store ship to?
      • US, Canada, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, and Sweden
      • We are temporarily unable to process shipments to the United Kingdom.

Permabanned
It's getting from bad to worse :(

EVGA is Requesting Scalper-level Pricing for Advanced GPU RMA Program

All of that is working neatly in theory. However, as every person involved in the PC building recently knows, prices for GPUs are at an insane level as demand is much higher than the supply currently available. Igor's Lab has reportedly experienced a similar situation with EVGA as well. As Igor filed for the advanced RMA program, the deposit needed to be made. Instead of the regular 782 Euros (or about 931 Euros with VAT included) for EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, EVGA asked for as much as a 1,728.20 Euro deposit to be made.

Permabanned
I will get the Radeon RX 560 4GB for £150. Will serve as a temporary solution until better times come :D
It's better to have my PC up and running than having it in its box without a graphics card at all.

Will wait for better times.

^This.
The card is already sent and I will be able to take it on Monday.

Have no idea what to do next, though. Maybe just to update my X570 MSI Tomahawk's BIOS first and then see if the system will be fully stable.

But the above card is an absolute turd, will be a nightmare to deal with an Ryzen 9 5900X and RX 560...

Hope is that the prices will normalise soon to 700 pounds for the Radeon RX 6800 XT.

If not, it will be very painful months ahead.
Till Q4 2022 when maybe we would eventually see any next-gen replacement.

Soldato

The thing that worries me with something like this is, what if they go belly up and the company goes into receivership or bankruptcy while they are holding your deposit .. and maybe still even holding your new card and your old card. :eek:..

I know why EVGA is doing this but they only need a deposit of what the msrp is of the card no more, in my book they are taking the micky... Because even if the person doesn't return the old card and is trying to get a new/another card this way they are still paying what they cost to buy. The silly fun never ends in this industry it seems.

Soldato
Thats down to Digital River - the distributor AMD uses (and until recently, Nvidia were using them as well).
The CEO fails to deliver the promised product at the corresponding official price.
Without further price hike notifications, justifications or any explanations.

radeon rx 6800 xt launch slides price - Google Search

"
AMD is offering the Radeon RX 6800 XT at $649, or $50 less than the RTX 3080
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Review - NVIDIA is in Trouble | TechPowerUp
"

think you are confusing reference cards to partner cards i.e MSI, Gigabyte Asus etc

AMD do directly sell cards at MSRP just like Nvidia do FE drops at MSRP, sadly AMD dont do drops for UK

Soldato
think you are confusing reference cards to partner cards i.e MSI, Gigabyte Asus etc

AMD do directly sell cards at MSRP just like Nvidia do FE drops at MSRP, sadly AMD dont do drops for UK

AMD use Digital River - who are the problem selling to the UK (and for returns if anyone has dealt with them before - a shockingly bad company from all accounts)

Back
Top Bottom