**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
I’m grateful for the second horrid as our sim was beginning to look a bit Xbox with all the pop in but half of me wished they would just leave it alone for a bit so I can enjoy it as every update causes problems.

Associate
I think many feared (and perhaps still do) it ends up never being a true flight sim or slowly nerfed for Xbox.

I wonder if Xplane 12 is on the way...

Associate
I’m relatively new to FS2020 (Feb this year) and I’ve been so impressed with the new platform.

Sim update 5 resulted in several CTDs for me and along with other known issues/rough edges seems to have been rushed out. I can only imagine the dev team at Asobo being under immense pressure to release the Xbox version by a specified date and now having to pick up the pieces with these hot fixes.

However, I’m still so grateful that we have such an amazing platform, and one that is being actively developed/fixed, and it’s great that Asobo are also working actively with other devs on the SDK etc.

I remember how bad things were when FSX was released and the need for ENDLESS tweaking! All that ever came to fix things were two (pretty lame) service packs before MS pulled the plug!

This platform is amazing, and the devs at Asobo are clearly incredibly talented.

Associate
Yes, you’ll want those off.. they ruin the immersion. I’ve not got FS2020 open at the moment. However going from memory, in the Accessibility menu you have to select the ‘Legacy’ interaction method. There is also a further option in that menu to turn off the text labels.

Thanks, that fix it although I did find the actual tool tips useful and there doesn't seem to be a way to keep those without activating that eye icon.

Soldato
Can’t get rid of the white arrow at the top of the screen or tool tips.

also my t300 pedals won’t map properly. Rudder deflects one way constantly. I’ve tried uncapping everything else and remapping the rudder axis. It seemed to work at first.

I have a VKB gunfighter and TWCS running too. Rudder works fine when assigned to the TWCS paddles

any ideas? Making me not want to fly.

thanks

Soldato
Can’t get rid of the white arrow at the top of the screen or tool tips.

also my t300 pedals won’t map properly. Rudder deflects one way constantly. I’ve tried uncapping everything else and remapping the rudder axis. It seemed to work at first.

I have a VKB gunfighter and TWCS running too. Rudder works fine when assigned to the TWCS paddles

any ideas? Making me not want to fly.

thanks
The white arrow not fading at the top of screen is a known bug. Sorry can’t help with the rest!

Soldato
My cpu usage is very low running between 2-4%. :confused:
During flight my game froze momentarily and then frame rate dipped from around 24Fps to 17-18Fps and cpu usage went from around 20% to 1-4%. Very strange :confused:

Playing on High Settings in 1440P 144Hz resolution.

[email protected]
GTX 970 Stock
64GB DDR4 3800Mhz CL17

Soldato
I finally did an IFR landing. I'm not sure if it was me or not but seems very hit and miss. Auto pilot needs some help with the altitude even when it's dialed in, sometimes doesn't change. Am I missing something ?

Associate
I finally did an IFR landing. I'm not sure if it was me or not but seems very hit and miss. Auto pilot needs some help with the altitude even when it's dialed in, sometimes doesn't change. Am I missing something ?

What type of approach were you making (e.g. ILS) and in what aircraft?

Soldato
My cpu usage is very low running between 2-4%. :confused:
During flight my game froze momentarily and then frame rate dipped from around 24Fps to 17-18Fps and cpu usage went from around 20% to 1-4%. Very strange :confused:

Playing on High Settings in 1440P 144Hz resolution.

[email protected]
GTX 970 Stock
64GB DDR4 3800Mhz CL17

Could you have run out of vram? 3.5gb isn’t nearly enough for this sim?

Soldato
What type of approach were you making (e.g. ILS) and in what aircraft?

Airbus A320.
Simple departure from Heathrow and then landing in Gatwick. ILS 26 (I didn't think the number made any difference).

Tower would advise a certain altitude. I would then acknowledge and dial it in. Unless I guided the nose myself it would rarely follow the input even though the target altitude would show up blue on the main dial.

Caporegime
Airbus A320.
Simple departure from Heathrow and then landing in Gatwick. ILS 26 (I didn't think the number made any difference).

Tower would advise a certain altitude. I would then acknowledge and dial it in. Unless I guided the nose myself it would rarely follow the input even though the target altitude would show up blue on the main dial.
Once you dialled in the altitude, how did you activate the FL change?

Soldato
You need to both select an altitude (or FL) and then activate a climb or descent mode, whether that be managed CLB/DES by pushing the alt knob, Open CLB/DES by pulling the alt knob or selecting an appropriate V/S on the V/S knob and pulling.

The only time when you can simply change the Altitude selection is when you haven’t yet reached your selected level and are still in an active climb or descent mode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom