• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Yes! Got a 3080 finally. Not gonna get a 3080 for that price anywhere else for a long time if at all so it's a no brainer. Hopefully it's as quiet as my MSI 1070 but not the end of the world.

Rest of my system is behind the times admittedly (6700k) but been wanting to upgrade to a 38" monitor for work and need the gaming rig to keep up too.

The 3080 kicks out loads more heat than a 1070. I done a similar upgrade 1080 to 3080 and I did notice a ton of extra heat coming out of the pc.

I had to increase the air flow in my case, these 3080's need good air flow to stay cool and quiet.

Permabanned
(less than) Three minutes from drop notification to order confirmation email... few minutes later all gone

Edit: Wife wondered why I was suddenly ignoring her :)

Unfortunately, the situation is still Grim. The cards today sold out in 2 minutes. And many people are still despetately trying to buy up more than one GPU ( why? Scalping ? Mining?)

Retailers need to start reducing the prices of their AIB GPUs to be on par with msrp! Mainly 3060Ti, 3070, 3080, 6800XT .....Nvidia have been doing ok to help GPUs get through to gamers, now retailers need to do their bit ! Stop the exorbitant prices! Just use the 1 card per customer as Nv have done.

Associate
I have the confirmation but nothing is in my account which is weird. Have to wait and see.
Under Account view I have "You have 1 successful pending order" written under the Order History title - but nothing appears in the actual order history page - if that makes sense..

Associate
The 3080 kicks out loads more heat than a 1070. I done a similar upgrade 1080 to 3080 and I did notice a ton of extra heat coming out of the pc.

I had to increase the air flow in my case, these 3080's need good air flow to stay cool and quiet.
I had to do thermal pad mod in order to bring my VRAM temps. down. Also, for the very minor performance hit, I undervolted for lower noise and temps.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Under Account view I have "You have 1 successful pending order" written under the Order History title - but nothing appears in the actual order history page - if that makes sense..

Oh year, that'll teach me not to read :D
Cheers.

Yeah, I expect it to be somewhat hotter and louder than my 1070 but hope it's not too much more. The fans are idle even in some games. My old HX750 should hopefully cope too.

Associate
My order still says pending on the website - someone said around 45mins yesterday

Edit: initial email confirmation took a minute or less
The same. I logged in to my account and used saved card. They took the money from my account and send me the confirmation in less than an minute but nothing else yet. I hope I'm not being happy early.

Soldato
To those who were successful, how long from notification to receiving a 'order completed' page? (ie. not instantly declined)

I clicked on the notification within 10 seconds of the ping and frantically went through all the buying (did it as "guest" as for some reason it didn't pick up my account, and I was panicking).

I got my order email 9 minutes after the Telegram notification.

Back
Top Bottom