• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
OP
You've got to wonder about how much exposure this brings the competitor and how much of the future market they get in the UK as a result of being the exclusive reseller for Nvidia. Did this get offered to others, does anyone know how they came to be the exclusive shop?

Soldato
GRRRR these things always happen when i'm in a wretched meeting presenting. Ive missed them all.

I'm usually out of the country so I'm happy I was in the country and Tony was available to get one, he called me to say he's had the confirmation email so all good, just hope it arrives now before I leave, otherwise it'l be sat at home for a week in a box doing nothing..

Soldato
You've got to wonder about how much exposure this brings the competitor and how much of the future market they get in the UK as a result of being the exclusive reseller for Nvidia. Did this get offered to others, does anyone know how they came to be the exclusive shop?

I was wondering this, pretty sure OCUK have been FE authorised before...
@Gibbo any info on this?

Soldato

good question was wondering the same

Soldato

I asked the "reseller" and they said they were only a FULLFILLMENT CENTRE and it was Nvidia selling the cards.

That explains why they are locked at MSRP because the "reseller" has absolutely no say in it at all which this year has highlighted is a good thing

Associate
I clicked on the notification within 10 seconds of the ping and frantically went through all the buying (did it as "guest" as for some reason it didn't pick up my account, and I was panicking).
I got my order email 9 minutes after the Telegram notification.
I received notification on my phone first and then maybe 2 seconds later on desktop. Clicked desktop link, no captcha as I was already fully logged in before notification, clicked 'add to basket', selected Monday delivery, selected previously used card, clicked complete order, said card authorised and then after a very short wait Declined Order. All in under 30 seconds I think.
I then clicked original link again and went through same process a few more times.

Soldato
I asked the "reseller" and they said they were only a FULLFILLMENT CENTRE and it was Nvidia selling the cards.

That explains why they are locked at MSRP because the "reseller" has absolutely no say in it at all which this year has highlighted is a good thing

yeah but what does the retailer get out of it ? and was it competing with others to get the deal ?

Associate
I think OcUK have mentioned before that its more hassle than its worth and they get no cut in it.
Yes but it drives people to the website - they try to buy say a 3070, order doesnt go through so in their disappointment they might end up buying one of the expensive AIB cards

Soldato
The same. I logged in to my account and used saved card. They took the money from my account and send me the confirmation in less than an minute but nothing else yet. I hope I'm not being happy early.

same until it says picked or shipped not getting carried away

Associate
Yes but it drives people to the website - they try to buy say a 3070, order doesnt go through so in their disappointment they might end up buying one of the expensive AIB cards
I don't think there are accidental buyers of FE cards. You need to setup alert or be extremely lucky to be able to see the buy button enabled on NV website. If you set the alert you know what you want and you won't buy AIB just because you've missed FE by a second.
In my case I've been buying from that retailer for years, I only discovered OCUK thanks to the current GPU drama. I see the customer support here is great and I will buy from OCUK in the future.

Back
Top Bottom