The Ascent

Soldato
If you want better RT performance do this (console commands with unreal unlocker):

r.RayTracing.Reflections.Hybrid 1
r.RayTracing.Reflections.ScreenPercentage 60
r.RayTracing.Reflections.MaxRoughness 0.2

at 4K:
rTE0Mjm.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Been playing a bit on my pop os machine and its a blast. Only level 6 but everything is smooth unless I hit a shader i haven't cached which is rare. Music is absolutely epic and right up my alley and so is the overall setting.

Soldato
OP
Small patch deployed on steam with various fixes including Ray Tracing and dx12 performance.

Ray tracing is now fixed on Windows Store version.

Soldato
I've just got a new laptop and wanted to play this on game pass, installed it but it doesn't launch :( just has the windows loading spin on the cursor for 1 or 2 seconds then does nothing.

Tried running as admin.

Tried uninstall and reinstall game.

Latest drivers, Windows up to date.

Other games work on the xbox app.

Any ideas please?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Update seems to have worked wonders for DX12. Much less stuttering. Still a little bit tho, explosions or other similar effects still cause a little chug.

Caporegime
That doesn't seem to force the update either

0Vs60at.png

Gamepass/microsoft store is absolute dog **** on pc especially when the files are locked down and you can't go and modify anything.

Associate
That doesn't seem to force the update either

0Vs60at.png

Gamepass/microsoft store is absolute dog **** on pc especially when the files are locked down and you can't go and modify anything.

Nexus18 2.0.5.0 is the updated version so you have the update (installed on the 4th from the screenshot)

Caporegime
Yup, there was suppose to be another update just yesterday/today looking at reddit but nothing on mine nor others end.

Reports say that ray tracing is working now but still no dlss lol.........

Soldato
The difficulty seems a bit uneven. Through doing side quests, I've managed to reach level 15. So far, I've had no issues taking down NPC's, but I've now been tasked with destroying some kind of robo arachnid, and it keeps forking me up something chronic. I've even tried dropping the difficulty level; still no luck.

Back
Top Bottom