Car dropped all its oil on holiday

Soldato
Yea nice one.

What a **** on the phone and first "wear and tear" to be fair they are probably trained to for b off at the first point of contact, otherwise I'd say they are sorting you out (as they should) so happy days.

Soldato
OP
So the car has just been dropped off, repaired a d valeted. It no longer smells of small children...

Also there was a apology letter "signed" on behalf of ford uk....

Tempted to sell the car and go back to mazda but their petrol engines suck

Soldato
Glad it has worked out. Did they mention anything about extending or offering any additional warranty to put you at ease due to the way this situation was handled initially.

Soldato
OP
Glad it has worked out. Did they mention anything about extending or offering any additional warranty to put you at ease due to the way this situation was handled initially.
No nothing bar the full service and inspection when we get back.

I'll bother them when I get home about this.

But I'm off to the pub and then the Eden project tomorrow.

Soldato
Faith in humanity (and dealers, especially this one) is restored, nice. It makes a welcome change to hear good things from dealers rather than the usual game of dodgeball.

Soldato
So the car has just been dropped off, repaired a d valeted. It no longer smells of small children...

Also there was a apology letter "signed" on behalf of ford uk....

Tempted to sell the car and go back to mazda but their petrol engines suck

Our Ford was repaired and taken straight to motorpoint.
We returned in a Honda.

Transmission breaker
Don
They can but far too many of them have major issues. The ecoboosts used in the fiesta and focus are renowned for it. Those fitted in the older mini cooper S had issues too for example.

Early examples, yes, but later ones were continually improved iirc. However, that's not uncommon with a new engine family tbh. Some niggles are bound to be found/fixed/revised in the first 2 years or so.

Associate
good result :) must be honest hearing so many reports about 1.0 ecos is a bit concerning, at the moment we are looking for 2 replacement cars either focus or fiesta and there does seem to be limited choices either 1.0 ecoboosts or 1.6 tdcis only looking in the 2013/15 range maybe a 1.5tdci. didnt really want to go back to a diesel as lower mileage now but its looking more favourable.
had the mondeo picked up and mot by local garage and there driver parked his courtesy car on the driveway , i asked if we could look around it and he said ok but it was messy (1.0 eco fiesta 13 plate.....first thing we noticed was management light on grrrrrrrrr. wife thinks the rear bumper is a bit high for loading :)

Caporegime
Eh? Why?
Small turbo engines can make a huge amount of sense provided you are not expecting mega power!

Anything with a turbo is inherently more expensive and difficult to maintain due to boost, heat, etc

Turbo engines of the 90s were build to hold boost using iron blocks etc and were over engineered.

Not like a 1.0 ecoboost that was literally built to fit the lowest possible price point.,leading to a plethora of issues you see.

Mid age low cost cars with turbos blowing oil, threats of boost related headgasket failure etc its just a recipe for disaster on a budget motor.

Associate
Took it for. 60mile round drive today to helagin gardens, car ran a tad cooler and drove pretty well. Oil level was the same as the morning after a hour to cool down.

It's my missus car, so it usually only does 2-3k a year

Great stuff, looks like it was a one off then and fully fixed, good result, I'd still remain a bit cynical for a while but hopefully car can prove itself over next few weeks (and assume you've got a decent drive home as well when it'll be fully loaded too).

Back
Top Bottom