• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Xe HPG 448EU gaming performance

Caporegime
QFG6JBq.jpg

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/intel...ench-trades-blows-w-the-nvidia-gtx-1650-1660/

As you can see, the Xe-High Performance Gaming graphics cards are going to be present in most segments of the gaming market, competing with the budget-oriented (and very popular) GeForce GTX 1650 at $150, while also tackling the higher-end offerings from both NVIDIA and AMD in the $400-500 range. In the case of the latter, it looks like the second-fastest DG2 card packing 448EUs at a frequency of 1.8GHz will be just shy of the RTX 3070. This implies that the top-end offering with 512 EUs should be able to trade blows with the GeForce RTX 3070 Ti and the Radeon RX 6800.

Its quite good, it gives me hope but to say HPG 512 will trade blows with the 3070TI / RX 6800 is a little optimistic.
512 EUs / 448 EUs = 1.142 (+14%)
The HPG 448 is 8% slower than the 6700XT which would make the HPG 512 6% faster than the 6700XT, the 6800 is 20% faster than the 6700XT, its more accurate to say the HPG 512 would trade blows with the 6700XT.
And there is nothing wrong with that, but it depends on price, the 6700XT is $480 MSRP and by the time this comes out both AMD and Nvidia will be looking to get the next generation out.

Associate
I like it. I just might get it for ***** and giggles.
AMD CPU and Intel GPU. How things change heheh.

Definitely your next card bug.

Because there is no hope in hell you will be able to find the AMDs 6800 under £600.

RT performance is key for me.

Caporegime
OP
I like it. I just might get it for ***** and giggles.
AMD CPU and Intel GPU. How things change heheh.

Definitely your next card bug.

Because there is no hope in hell you will be able to find the AMDs 6800 under £600.

RT performance is key for me.

Hey may be. i have a 2070 Super so i want something somewhat quicker than that and more than 8GB of VRam is an absolute must but you know what, if Intel do a GPU that falls in to where i like it and its the right price i'll buy it....

Man of Honour
I hope the flood the market with everything 448 EU down and start a price war at the low/mid-end, but I doubt the availability is going to match the cpus.

Associate
Some of the Youtube channels have suggested that Intel will be launching these in laptops first, so even if they are announced in Jan. it might first be for laptops. Hopefully those scores might be in laptops and perform a bit better on desktop. Either way if the price is right the performance can bring some competition to the market

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Some of the Youtube channels have suggested that Intel will be launching these in laptops first, so even if they are announced in Jan. it might first be for laptops. Hopefully those scores might be in laptops as well and perform a bit better on desktop. Either way if the price is right the performance can bring some competition to the market

That makes sense, they are taking on Nvidia by the looks of it.

Associate
Driver optimization might bring out a little more performance, I'm cautiously optimistic about it.
Driver optimization you say? What is that? Certainly nothing Intel have ever heard off :p

Intel's driver motto is: we released, we fixed one or two actual crashes, that's it.

Soldato
AMD will be panicking at those price ranges.

nah I'm just kidding AMD only make dgpu's as tokens - they only compete with themselves

Associate
What is the predicted price for the HPG 448 / 512 version?
Actually, the lower end one might be of more interest to me.
But price is a good question.
TSMC wafer prices + Intel's normal margins = no sales.
As a new unproven entrant they *should* price competitively.
There's currently nothing new at the 1650 level, so hard to see 128 EU part being that expensive. However, if Intel want to play bundle games, that part might be laptop only anyhow.
I guess another way to approach this is: how much would people pay for them?
3070 / 6700XT performance: the same price as Nvidia's or AMD's offering? £50 less. £100 less? More?

Last edited:
Soldato
LOL @ Intel driver rep

GL to all who dive in, but first gen will be for willing guinea pigs. The only real interesting thing about it is that I heard Intel will have its own DLSS but make it open source. We'll see when/if.

Associate
Actually, the lower end one might be of more interest to me.
But price is a good question.
TSMC wafer prices + Intel's normal margins = no sales.
As a new unproven entrant they *should* price competitively.
There's currently nothing new at the 1650 level, so hard to see 128 EU part being that expensive. However, if Intel want to play bundle gams, that part might be laptop only anyhow.
I guess another way to approach this is: how much would people pay for them?
3070 / 6700XT performance: the same price as Nvidia's or AMD's offering? £50 less. £100 less? More?

I can only hope it forces the current 3060TI and below card to more normal levels. Intel need some market share, so I hope they price 50-100 less AND can deliver volume.

Associate
its good to have a new player in the gpu space. The reason I stuck with Nvidia over the years was due to bad experiences with ATI/AMD drivers ultimately. I gather they’ve got their **** together in recent years but it will be a concern regarding this new class of intel GPU.

Back
Top Bottom