Worst tv advert?

Soldato
Those Halifax singing ads from years back were awful.

There's also a truly terrible, blatantly dubbed LG ad doing the rounds at the moment to the tune of "Hard Knock Life". Everyone involved should be fired into the sun.

Caporegime
I cannot stand the older Halifax adverts, truly appalling.

The Peloton adverts are instant change channel material as well.

The best adverts are the old school chat ones, pure comedy gold.

Soldato
Where's the racism (or stereotyping) in either of these?
the characters are portrayed like imbeciles, for me - some kind of fake childish delight in something that doesn't evoke those emotions -
it's beyond poetic license, would they show a caucasian with the same behaviour.

The Peloton adverts are instant change channel material as well.
the nordic folks are, now, giving them a run for their money, definitely a better class of trainer.

Soldato
the characters are portrayed like imbeciles, for me - some kind of fake childish delight in something that doesn't evoke those emotions -
it's beyond poetic license, would they show a caucasian with the same behaviour.

Yeah? It's standard "OMG look at how amazing this is" face in adverts. I see it all the time. They're meant to be OTT and dramatic because they're trying to sell a product. I think you need to take a step back (and maybe a chill pill) if you're seeing racism everywhere.

Soldato
The irony is people here remembered what to search for. Surly the worse ones are the ones you cant ever remember?
Thankfully only ads I hear is background radio. But ANYTHING that uses a well known song then do a crappy slow downed version or piano acoustic version, its lazy, sheer laziness of ideas and doing something creative.
All aftershave. perfume ads. Any actor I recognize goes WAY down the scale of respect that they do them.

Associate
Those old Halifax ads must have done more harm to their business than good, I would have never gone with them and had I had an account I would have changed to another building society because of those ads

Soldato
So many garbage ones at the moment,

The Vauxhall one with the pigeon headed people
That annoying donkey in the listerine ad
Any habito advert ever
Anything with Philip Schofield in it
Anything that starts or ends with "medifacts"
Even worse the ones for Holland & Barrett and their quackers "health supplements"
I'm actually struggling to find an ad I liked recently tbh. The one with Lily James in it for Sky(?) isn't too bad I guess. TV ads just don't get the budget they used to for a lot of companies such is the importance of digital and SM etc, and the dilution of viewing habits.
Oh, and as my wife pointed out the other day, does anyone else find that AXA insurance ad to be more like a sanitary towel advert? The one with the girl from the rough background who ends up a football referee, and is "protected, enabled, free to get on with it etc " or some such narrative.

Back
Top Bottom