new keyboard needed

Soldato
My ideal keyboard:
Macro keys on left hand side of keyboard
Dedicated media keys
N-key rollover
Braided non-kinkable cable
Good feeling keys and build quality.

I had a corsair mechanical k70 and it was terrible.
I don't like Razer stuff as it falls apart, help me OCUK!

Soldato
What's the budget?
What type of switch you would prefer, lightest possible or something with some feel before actuation?
And would you prefer switch design paying some attention to avoiding unncecessary noise?

If you want quieter more discreet keyboard, Logitech G815 would certainly be that with slimmer profile and one of the quietest mechanical (non-linear/tactile) switches.

Soldato
OP
honestly I'd rather not spend £200 for a keyboard but if its really good I don't care, so far the mechanical switches I've tried have left me feeling like they are either too heavy or take way too much distance to actuate but clicky is out of the question

Associate
honestly I'd rather not spend £200 for a keyboard but if its really good I don't care, so far the mechanical switches I've tried have left me feeling like they are either too heavy or take way too much distance to actuate but clicky is out of the question

Logitech G815 Linear or if you want wireless (which I'd recommend) get the G915.

Soldato
so far the mechanical switches I've tried have left me feeling like they are either too heavy or take way too much distance to actuate but clicky is out of the question
As you mention clicky you propably tried Cherry MX Blue, which should be really called as MX Retro because of that mechanical typewriter ruckus.

Lighter tactile switch in Logitech G815 (seems to be about £140) has shorter travel to actuation point than most mechanical switches.
And possibly also shorter than in quite few membrane/rubber dome keyboards, which all register press only during bottoming.

Associate
What didn't you like about the Corsair out of interest? I think that's the current version of what I have, and the only issue I've had is that it's very noisy (red switches IIRC).

Associate
What about a modular keyboard?

You can swap the switches to whatever you like or mix and match. There are some fantastic quality TKL ones on the market with FAR superior build quality than the likes of Corsair or Razer.

The downside would be lack of macro keys and if you want something truly customisable I’d seriously consider going ANSI as the options are staggering compared to ISO particularly if you fancy customising your keycaps.

One of the best on the market atm is the Drop CTRL keyboard, it’s pricey but the case is Aluminum (6lbs so that sucker isn’t moving on your desk). Removable power cord with choice of locating it either right or left at the back.

Wulf

Associate
What about a modular keyboard?

You can swap the switches to whatever you like or mix and match. There are some fantastic quality TKL ones on the market with FAR superior build quality than the likes of Corsair or Razer.

The downside would be lack of macro keys and if you want something truly customisable I’d seriously consider going ANSI as the options are staggering compared to ISO particularly if you fancy customising your keycaps.

One of the best on the market atm is the Drop CTRL keyboard, it’s pricey but the case is Aluminum (6lbs so that sucker isn’t moving on your desk). Removable power cord with choice of locating it either right or left at the back.

Wulf

For the price, isn't the GMMK Pro a much better choice than the Drop CTRL? GMMK Pro also comes in ISO version too

Back
Top Bottom