• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
My 3070Ti ordered yesterday arrived earlier today. I did take them quite a while to go from payment accepted to picked. I'm guessing that they sold a lot more cards today so there may be more of backlog.

Of course sods law being what it is there was a gap in my meetings for today just at the time when the 3080s dropped. I actually wanted one but settled on the 3070Ti as it was what i could get. I had a 3080 in my basket but it wouldn't let me complete the order.

Caporegime
I thought these may have been offered to people in the 3080 queue, 11 monhts for me.

How much did you lucky folks pay for the FE card ? was it MSRP ?

The FE cards are always MSRP from Nvidia's chosen retailer.

They are the only cards worth buying really. Almost everything else is a rip off to be honest (apart from ocuk's 3060ti inno3d deal for £420, which isn't too bad).

Soldato
They are the only cards worth buying really. Almost everything else is a rip off to be honest (apart from ocuk's 3060ti inno3d deal for £420, which isn't too bad).

How does that compare to the 3060Ti FE card?
Better clocks, faster memory, I paid £380.50 for mine inc delivery, not sure why you'd pay more for the same or less...

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Its costing the AIB more to plonk together. They can have better clocks, better cooling however GPUs these days and CPUs for that matter are generally near ceiling out of the box, 'boost' is pretty much a pre-set overclock as they know what each chip will hit.

Just because the FE is £380, the AIB cant get any lower than £380+extras so expect as @Jono8 put £420 to be a reasonable ball park.

Soldato
Its costing the AIB more to plonk together. They can have better clocks, better cooling however GPUs these days and CPUs for that matter are generally near ceiling out of the box, 'boost' is pretty much a pre-set overclock as they know what each chip will hit.

Just because the FE is £380, the AIB cant get any lower than £380+extras so expect as @Jono8 put £420 to be a reasonable ball park.

It's also the case that the majority of AIB's (only my opinion) aren't even as good as the FE models.
Remember, the FE cards do not use the reference 30 series PCB, they are custom designed from/for Nvidia.
A lot of AIB 'base' models are designed around the reference PCB which is inferior to the FE cards. So potentially AIB's could under cut Nvidia in using the reference PCB. Yeah right :D

Just a thought.

Caporegime
How does that compare to the 3060Ti FE card?
Better clocks, faster memory, I paid £380.50 for mine inc delivery, not sure why you'd pay more for the same or less...

The FE is still the better card and cheaper. Its just that with the current situation, that inno3d deal is not too bad. Wouldn't go any higher price wise (like the zotacs they've been selling), as that's then 3070 FE money.

It is all a bit crazy. The FE cards are really well built and have decent specs etc, yet are the cheapest.

Caporegime
Of course sods law being what it is there was a gap in my meetings for today just at the time when the 3080s dropped. I actually wanted one but settled on the 3070Ti as it was what i could get. I had a 3080 in my basket but it wouldn't let me complete the order.

This is the annoying thing about it. You never know if you are going to be free for the 10 minutes or so you get to snag one.

I was actually at my computer and saw all the telegram alerts this week. I took too long to decide about the 3070ti and missed it. Then the 3070 came up later in the day and just went for it.

Part of me thinks I should have waited and got the 3080, as I was there for that too, but you just don't know if you will ever get the chance unless you can literally stare at your phone every minute of the day.

To be honest though I only game at 1440p/60hz and have a fairly aging(by today's standards) i7 8700 so the extra power in the 3080 would probably be wasted. I intend to have a full rebuild when tge next gen ryzen comes out, by which time the 4000 series will be close so the 3070 is probably ideal for me, for the next year or so. If the rumours are true for next gen, even the 3080 is going to look slow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
My second 3090 arrived 3pm yesterday

:eek: god damn mining scalper parasite!! :p

I think I could squeeze another into my board but there would be no airflow between them. At some point there will be AM4 boards surely that have revised version that has the slot wider to accommodate this setup, as it is very niche though I guess there is no money to be made from board vendors.

Back
Top Bottom