MSI And ASUS Releases AGESA 1.2.0.3c Bios for X570/B550 Boards

Soldato
OP
1.2.0.3 Patch B being released.

USB issues should now be totally fixed.

Thanks for that :).... but it bricked my bios the version I downloaded from the MSI Global site and the file was actually funny, it stated the bios version and date correctly but when it got to the 50% area on the MSI flash tool in the bios it stated Unknown Unknown as some file name also I noticed funny enough the file when looking to pick it from the list it stated Nul Nul too as the date, where all other files before stated the details right, I have one usb stick with all the bios versions and this one from the global site screwed my bios to the point I had to switch to second working one and then try again to flash it, it seemed to flash ok but all the time CPU error and stuck at 00 on DR BIOS LED, anyways I got it working again, I went to the uk msi site and downloaded again and this file states everything correctly and worked when I accidentally flashed the working bios with it and had a massive panic attack that it was going to brick the working bios now, but it all worked ok and no unknow file name at the 50% area of the flash.

Now the fun began 1st bios was screwed and wouldn't even flash correctly when I used the second working bios to get to the flash tool and then flipped to the 1st bricked bios with CPU error, I let the tool flash it and noticed it took ages to flashing this time compared to the working bios, anyways it completed rebooted and I knew it wasnt going to work as the DR BIOS LED was still saying 00 and then I got cpu error on the OLED screen again and of course failed to post...

Now I got mad , got a jumper and stuck it on Jbat1 to clear the cmos as the button on the back with clear cmos wasn't doing it, walked away with it in for 5 mins , came back took a deep breath as I had this problem before when I got this board and the 5950x was not supported so took ages to get it to flash correctly for some weird reason and I just kept doing it before and worked with the same stick I knew that was formatted correctly and the file name MSI.ROM on it, I also did the clear cmos with the jumper and in the end it worked and when it did all I did before was go to the flash tool in the bios and flash the second not working bios and worked too, now this time it wouldn't work, in the end this is what worked in this order.

1. clear cmos with jumper, unplugged from mains. Remember to remove jumper before starting up again.
2. went to working bios and started the flash tool
3. in flash tool flipped the switch to none working bios
4. in flash tool used the new bios file with the name that came in the zip file and ran flash, it took a lot longer and said all ok in the end.
5. of course CPU error.
6. clear cmos with jumper again , 5 mins walked away with all unplugged from mains,
7. removed the jumper, started system up again .. cpu error
8. stuck the flash drive back in the flash port and clicked the flash update button on the back.
9. it updated the bios and restarted without error.
10.. it worked again...

Insane really. originally when I got the board I thought it was faulty but we ordered some at work and of course they all did the same thing all MSI boards from godlike to the cheap ones. I hope this helps some one , just keep trying and make sure the drive is formated in fat 32 and the file names MSI.ROM if using the button to flash it, when in bios flash tool use the original file name of the file.

grrr, nice day. DON'T USE THE FILE FROM THE MSI GLOBAL SITE, USE THE UK SITE.

Don't give up if you have the problem the BIOS will unbrick in the end, just sometimes have to try many times and the two ways they allow us the button and the tool in the bios if you can get to it with a working second bios.

I hope this update was worth it and lets see what it fixes and updates now, once I put the damn sli setup back together and sound card on the riser.
:mad::mad::mad::mad: <mood

SO HEADS UP....BEFORE YOU FLASH THIS ... MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE FILE AND IF IT STATES UNKNOWN AT ANY POINT IN THE BIOS FLASH TOOL IN THE BIOS, WHEN YOU SELECT IT AND CHECK ITS DETAILS BELOW. IF ANYTHING SAYS UNKNOWN OR NUL ... DON'T RUN IT AND GET THE ONE FROM UK SITE .. THEN MAKE SURE SAME AGAIN NO ISSUES BEFORE YOU CLICK FLASH..

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for that :).... but it bricked my bios the version I downloaded from the MSI Global site and the file was actually funny, it stated the bios version and date correctly but when it got to the 50% area on the MSI flash tool in the bios it stated Unknown Unknown as some file name also I noticed funny enough the file when looking to pick it from the list it stated Nul Nul too as the date, where all other files before stated the details right, I have one usb stick with all the bios versions and this one from the global site screwed my bios to the point I had to switch to second working one and then try again to flash it, it seemed to flash ok but all the time CPU error and stuck at 00 on DR BIOS LED, anyways I got it working again, I went to the uk msi site and downloaded again and this file states everything correctly and worked when I accidentally flashed the working bios with it and had a massive panic attack that it was going to brick the working bios now, but it all worked ok and no unknow file name at the 50% area of the flash.

Now the fun began 1st bios was screwed and wouldn't even flash correctly when I used the second working bios to get to the flash tool and then flipped to the 1st bricked bios with CPU error, I let the tool flash it and noticed it took ages to flashing this time compared to the working bios, anyways it completed rebooted and I knew it wasnt going to work as the DR BIOS LED was still saying 00 and then I got cpu error on the OLED screen again and of course failed to post...

Now I got mad , got a jumper and stuck it on Jbat1 to clear the cmos as the button on the back with clear cmos wasn't doing it, walked away with it in for 5 mins , came back took a deep breath as I had this problem before when I got this board and the 5950x was not supported so took ages to get it to flash correctly for some weird reason and I just kept doing it before and worked with the same stick I knew that was formatted correctly and the file name MSI.ROM on it, I also did the clear cmos with the jumper and in the end it worked and when it did all I did before was go to the flash tool in the bios and flash the second not working bios and worked too, now this time it wouldn't work, in the end this is what worked in this order.

1. clear cmos with jumper, unplugged from mains. Remember to remove jumper before starting up again.
2. went to working bios and started the flash tool
3. in flash tool flipped the switch to none working bios
4. in flash tool used the new bios file with the name that came in the zip file and ran flash, it took a lot longer and said all ok in the end.
5. of course CPU error.
6. clear cmos with jumper again , 5 mins walked away with all unplugged from mains,
7. removed the jumper, started system up again .. cpu error
8. stuck the flash drive back in the flash port and clicked the flash update button on the back.
9. it updated the bios and restarted without error.
10.. it worked again...

Insane really. originally when I got the board I thought it was faulty but we ordered some at work and of course they all did the same thing all MSI boards from godlike to the cheap ones. I hope this helps some one , just keep trying and make sure the drive is formated in fat 32 and the file names MSI.ROM if using the button to flash it, when in bios flash tool use the original file name of the file.

grrr, nice day. DON'T USE THE FILE FROM THE MSI GLOBAL SITE, USE THE UK SITE.

Don't give up if you have the problem the BIOS will unbrick in the end, just sometimes have to try many times and the two ways they allow us the button and the tool in the bios if you can get to it with a working second bios.

I hope this update was worth it and lets see what it fixes and updates now, once I put the damn sli setup back together and sound card on the riser.
:mad::mad::mad::mad: <mood

SO HEADS UP....BEFORE YOU FLASH THIS ... MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE FILE AND IF IT STATES UNKNOWN AT ANY POINT IN THE BIOS FLASH TOOL IN THE BIOS, WHEN YOU SELECT IT AND CHECK ITS DETAILS BELOW. IF ANYTHING SAYS UNKNOWN OR NUL ... DON'T RUN IT AND GET THE ONE FROM UK SITE .. THEN MAKE SURE SAME AGAIN NO ISSUES BEFORE YOU CLICK FLASH..
That sounds awful and extremely frustrating. I'm glad you sorted it out in the end. Gigabyte have started providing checksums with the BIOS file so you can determine whether the file is corrupt, I think this would have prevented your problem. I can't understand why other manufacturers don't do this or provide a simple MD5 or SHA1/256 hash, the latter would also be a great idea from a security point of view.

Soldato
OP
That sounds awful and extremely frustrating. I'm glad you sorted it out in the end. Gigabyte have started providing checksums with the BIOS file so you can determine whether the file is corrupt, I think this would have prevented your problem. I can't understand why other manufacturers don't do this or provide a simple MD5 or SHA1/256 hash, the latter would also be a great idea from a security point of view.

Yes was not fun and just a time waste and pulling the system apart just to get to the cmos switch so I could get to pick the BIOS I wanted, they really should have placed the BIOS select near the OLED or LED DR BIOS area to make it easy to get to when you use a lot of the PCIe slots. It's sorted now so lets hope they don't release another corrupt file on the global site, the UK site was fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
More boards supported now, REMEMBER TO DOWNLOAD FROM MSI UK SITE THE UPDATE, because the MSI Global site had a corrupt BIOS on it for me with the GODLIKE X570. So if you have an issue I explain how to fix it here :- https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34899686/.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen...gesa_1203b_bios_for_x570b550_boards/?sort=new

MSI Releases AGESA 1.2.0.3b Bios for X570/B550 Boards

renderTimingPixel.png

MSI releases AGESA 1.2.0.3b BIOS for X570 & B550.

To get the information of bios updating, please follow MSI website. Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------

Notes:

- Update to AMD ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.3b

X570:

Motherboard Bios
MEG X570 GODLIKE 7C34v1E3(Beta version)
MEG X570 ACE 7C35v1F2(Beta version)
MEG X570 UNIFY 7C35vAA4(Beta version)
Prestige X570 CREATION 7C36v1E2(Beta version)
MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI 7B93v1D2(Beta version)
MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI 7C37v1F1(Beta version)
MPG X570 GAMING PLUS 7C37vAE2(Beta version)
MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI 7C84v172(Beta version)
X570-A PRO 7C37vHE1(Beta version)

B550:

Motherboard Bios
MEG B550 UNIFY 7D13v132(Beta version)
MEG B550 UNIFY-X 7D13vA32(Beta version)
MPG B550 GAMING PLUS 7C56v172(Beta version)
MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI 7C91v172(Beta version)
MPG B550I GAMING EDGE WIFI 7C92v171(Beta version)
MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI 7C92v171(Beta version)
MPG B550 GAMING CARBON WIFI 7C90v172(Beta version)
MAG B550 TOMAHAWK 7C91vA72(Beta version)
MAG B550M MORTAR 7C94v182(Beta version)
MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI 7C94v182(Beta version)
MAG B550 TORPEDO 7C91vH42(Beta version)
MAG B550M BAZOOKA 7C95vA72(Beta version)
MAG B550M VECTOR WIFI 7D14vB52(Beta version)
B550-A PRO 7C56vA72(Beta version)
B550M PRO-VDH WIFI 7C95v282(Beta version)
B550M PRO-VDH 7C95v282(Beta version)
B550M PRO-DASH 7C95v362(Beta version)
B550M-A PRO 7C96v251(Beta version)
B550M PRO 7D14v247D14v252(Beta version)

Last edited:

ket

ket

Associate
I wouldn't touch 7C84v17 or 7C84v16 for the X570 Tomahawk with someone elses 10,000ft barge pole. With my trusty kit of Klevv BoltX 3600MHz (part # KD4AGU880-36A180U) manually setting a 1T or 2T Command Rate with A-XMP enabled results in the system failing to POST. Only the [Auto] (GDM, basically) works. Not good, not good at all particularly as this kit is on the MSI memory QVL list.

ket

ket

Associate
Patch C is most likely in the works due to the nerfed memory support of patch B not just because of the new APUs, I hit up MSI about the issue and give them their credit on this one they seem to be moving pretty fast to fix the broken memory support. Hopefully with that fixed people will have fairly smoothly running systems.

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldn't touch 7C84v17 or 7C84v16 for the X570 Tomahawk with someone elses 10,000ft barge pole. With my trusty kit of Klevv BoltX 3600MHz (part # KD4AGU880-36A180U) manually setting a 1T or 2T Command Rate with A-XMP enabled results in the system failing to POST. Only the [Auto] (GDM, basically) works. Not good, not good at all particularly as this kit is on the MSI memory QVL list.
7C84v17 is working great for me.

ket

ket

Associate
The point I was making is that it doesn't look good for MSI breaking memory support for a kit on their own QVL list. They have to do a better job with things like that memory support is the thorn for MSI and has been for quite some time, they have mostly large impressive memory QVL lists but when kits on their QVL lists won't even work properly questions should, and rightfully, be asked.

ket

ket

Associate
For the X570 Tomahawk I'd stick to 7C84v15 until some issues I'm working with MSI on for memory compatibility are ironed out.

ket

ket

Associate
I'm still working with MSI on the memory issues with the latest Tomahawk firmware but R&D are on the case, should hopefully be resolved in a few days.

ket

ket

Associate
If anyone can test the below steps with firmware 7C84v17 it would be very useful and I can get MSI to look at the affected memory kits.

Load setup defaults > save and exit
Enter UEFI > load A-XMP profile > Manually change Command Rate to 1T or 2T (the bug should happen with both but if you want to test both that would be helpful info too)

If your system fails to POST, thats the Command Rate bug. Post here what memory you have along with a Thaiphoon Burner screenshot and I can pass the info on.

ket

ket

Associate
It's now been confirmed, the issue is an AGESA bug. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the next release.

Soldato
If anyone can test the below steps with firmware 7C84v17 it would be very useful and I can get MSI to look at the affected memory kits.

Load setup defaults > save and exit
Enter UEFI > load A-XMP profile > Manually change Command Rate to 1T or 2T (the bug should happen with both but if you want to test both that would be helpful info too)

If your system fails to POST, thats the Command Rate bug. Post here what memory you have along with a Thaiphoon Burner screenshot and I can pass the info on.

Sorry for not getting back sooner.

Tested both 1T and 2T and posted/booted to windows fine.

RAM is 2 x

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £107.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Thaiphoon screenshot
SZKqHlj.png

ket

ket

Associate
What version of AGESA is the bios you get the bug on ?

ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.3b, ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.3c has now been released for the Tomahawk so hopefully that clears the problem up for people with Hynix based memory.

Sorry for not getting back sooner.

Tested both 1T and 2T and posted/booted to windows fine.

RAM is 2 x

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £107.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Thaiphoon screenshot
SZKqHlj.png

Good kit that, I reviewed the 32GB kit a while back that did 3333MHz with some decent timings, bit below what I expected for Micron E-Die but pretty good all the same. You tried tightening timings up and seeing what your kit will clock to?

Soldato
Good kit that, I reviewed the 32GB kit a while back that did 3333MHz with some decent timings, bit below what I expected for Micron E-Die but pretty good all the same. You tried tightening timings up and seeing what your kit will clock to?

Thanks.

Was happy that it just worked as it should, even have no problems with the M.O.D. software (read quite a few people could not get it to run/install)

Would not know how to go about tightening up the timings. :p

Back
Top Bottom