really struggling to find that next big hook anyone else?

Soldato
I'm really struggling to get excited or into any games at the minute. I just want the next Elder Scrolls or Fallout.
Used to love Civ6 but struggle to complete a game of it these days.

Soldato
I'm really enjoying arcade style racing games at the moment, finished NFS Hot pursuit remastered and now onto NFS Heat and enjoying them way more than I thought I would

Another game I put off for ages that I played and really got into was State of Decay 2, that's a great game to properly get into

If you're into FPS online shooters try Hunt Showdown. I was massively addicted to it and had to stop playing because I wasnt playing any other games

Soldato
Since finishing Sekiro (which was amazing and did totally hook me), I have just installed my eighth game in seven days. I kind of feel like I want to get into something but find I've been losing interest an hour or so in. None of the games have been bad, I've just had no motivation to keep going.

Latest install is Evil Within, which I remember liking the look of in the hour I played before the poor performance killed it for me. Hopefully my Ryzen 2600X and 1080Ti can handle it more smoothly than my old i5 2500K and 980Ti could a few years ago (though I have gone UW since, so who knows...)

Associate
Nothing grabs my attention anymore, I start a game, play for 5 mins then close it. :(

Since finishing Sekiro (which was amazing and did totally hook me), I have just installed my eighth game in seven days. I kind of feel like I want to get into something but find I've been losing interest an hour or so in. None of the games have been bad, I've just had no motivation to keep going.

Latest install is Evil Within, which I remember liking the look of in the hour I played before the poor performance killed it for me. Hopefully my Ryzen 2600X and 1080Ti can handle it more smoothly than my old i5 2500K and 980Ti could a few years ago (though I have gone UW since, so who knows...)

Sekiro was annoying as hell, map design and difficulty lol.

The Evil Within 2 is really good, 1 was ok..

Soldato
Nothing grabs my attention anymore, I start a game, play for 5 mins then close it. :(

Sekiro was annoying as hell, map design and difficulty lol.

The Evil Within 2 is really good, 1 was ok..

I'd heartily argue that Sekiro is worth perserving with. It's one of my top ten games of all time. Took a little while for the combat to click with me, but when it did the whole game was fantastic. Not sure what's wrong with the map design? It's no Dark Souls I, but I quite liked the locations. Bit linear maybe in some levels, but in others the verticality enabled by the grapple opens them up a bit.

Evil Within is okay, yeah, about where I am with it. I was hoping it would be a bit scary, but it's really just a stealth game that induces tension through resource scarcity. Now on chapter three, and still playing it, but not sure I'll make it to the end unless something changes up a bit.

I also bought Code Vein on a whim last night after trying the demo and that's okay too. Kind of like a poor-man's Sekisoulsbourne, but not bad. I'll probably alternate between these two for a bit, but I think what I really want is a meaty open-world or party-based RPG and think I've played pretty much all of them that look intriguing.

Deaths Door, fantastic game. Got me out of being bored with gaming. Has a Souls vibe but more chilled.

I might check that out too. From the gameplay videos on Steam, it looks a bit like a Supergiant game - which is no bad thing if it nails the atmosphere as well as their games do.

Back
Top Bottom