Split Air con

Soldato
On the really hot days (27c +) I leave it on all day and night to keep on top of the heat. At the moment I tend to only turn it on when needed in the day (1-2 hours tops) then leave it on overnight on fan speed 2 of 5.

Associate
THE NOISE from the condensation pump is driving me crazy.

Here is the sound mine makes. Wakes me up and sounds like I have a toilet in my bedroom.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3uwisj3s6mhyin/Condensation Pump with bubbling.m4a?dl=0

The engineer is coming on Monday. I spoke to the boss today who said that all pumps were noisy but that they could move it to the guest bedroom room. I said that was great but what about when I had a guest over.

Basically it's fairly intolerable with three of these suckers happening all the time. He said it can be alleviated by having a larger reservoir so it doesn't go as often but I don't think that's going to help.

I suspect it might be *hard* to use gravity but not impossible and they might just be reticent to put in the work.
Either that or perhaps there's a pump that's silent.

IT LITERALLY JUST HAPPENED AGAIN IN MY LIVING ROOM

Man of Honour

Here is the sound mine makes. Wakes me up and sounds like I have a toilet in my bedroom.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3uwisj3s6mhyin/Condensation Pump with bubbling.m4a?dl=0

The engineer is coming on Monday. I spoke to the boss today who said that all pumps were noisy but that they could move it to the guest bedroom room. I said that was great but what about when I had a guest over.

Basically it's fairly intolerable with three of these suckers happening all the time. He said it can be alleviated by having a larger reservoir so it doesn't go as often but I don't think that's going to help.

I suspect it might be *hard* to use gravity but not impossible and they might just be reticent to put in the work.

I mean that is absolutely ridiculous.

Associate
The one in the link below can be mounted up to 2 metres away.

https://www.bluediamondpump.co.uk/microblue

but just to be clear since it's going by gravity to the pump I'm assuming that two metres must be on a slope. I suppose it doesn't matter how gentle the slope. It's just that no matter where it is in my flat I'd hear it. And I have three of them. I want to get them outside!

RJC

RJC

Don
Associate
The one in the link below can be mounted up to 2 metres away.

https://www.bluediamondpump.co.uk/microblue

I don't suppose you have a video or audio of one running? I can't seem to find anyone who can compare them for me. I'm hoping perhaps they could be run outside next to the machine and not inside near the AC units themselves. But in case they have to be it'd be good to know what has the lowest noise level. The blue diamond runs all the time; which is fine as long as it's fairly silent.

RJC

RJC

Don
I don't suppose you have a video or audio of one running? I can't seem to find anyone who can compare them for me. I'm hoping perhaps they could be run outside next to the machine and not inside near the AC units themselves. But in case they have to be it'd be good to know what has the lowest noise level. The blue diamond runs all the time; which is fine as long as it's fairly silent.

I don't unfortunately :(

Associate

What is the full system you had fitted?

Associate
I guess the AC is mounted on an internal wall meaning evacuating the water straight outside isn’t an option?

Yes. It's also a loft apartment so it might be tricky to burrow through the walls bc you'd hit roof tile. Having said that I do think it should definitely be possible and I've sent the info on the blue diamond pump and gravity drainage to the AC company just so they know I know if you know what I mean. You know.

Soldato
My friend has his installed in his flat. He just has some trunking internally dropping from the unit before dropping low down in the room, along the top of the skirting to an outside wall. Not as pretty but its mostly covered up by his furniture.

I was quite lucky with my master bedroom being on an internal wall. The wall directly behind houses my water cylinder and coincidently has a waste pipe that was tee'd in to for the condense line so no pumps for me.

Associate
What is the full system you had fitted?
Panasonic.

Outdoor unit model CU-5Z90TBE (990x940x340 mm hxwxd) placed over the roof
terrace (10 kW capacity R32 multi split unit 2 to 5 rooms, R32 1Ph).
2 x wall mountable indoor units model CS-TZ35WKEW
1 x wall mountable indoor unit model CS-TZ60WKEW

Back
Top Bottom