Parted magic

Associate
Hi

I'm having issues getting this program to run.

I've mounted it in File Explorer and will not open

I've burned the .iso to dvd thinking it will just run from the drive but nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks
S

Associate
Do you need something specific to Parted Magic?
Because since it went commercial (way back in 2013 according to WikiPedia) I have avoided it in favour of GParted live:
https://gparted.org/download.php

You know that 7zip can open ISO files to at least list their contents, so maybe your download is corrupted (I can imagine that since they went commerial there might be some dodgy sites proporting to have Parted Magic to download).

What program did you use to burn the ISO image?

Associate
Unless it's changed you will need to boot from the CD, it's not a program you can run within Windows.
My bad I didn't pick of the exact language in the OP:
I've burned the .iso to dvd thinking it will just run from the drive but nothing.
Yes, all of these Linux partition managers will require you to boot from the creatd CD/DVD/USB Stick.
Both Parted Magic and GParted will be the same.

If you want to change your partitions from inside Windows you have to go looking for other software.

(But we aware that often the program runs in Windows, you do your stuff, it then restarts and runs a CLI verision of the tool to do the partitioning - this is the only way to deal with partitions on the drive your OS is running from).

There are free ones out there but a lot of them do pressure you to buy the full version.

Acronis might be an option depending on your drive as a lot of drive manufactures will have bundled version (certainly WD and Seagate do) which only run if you have at least one of their drives in your system. (And in the case of WD their other brands like SanDisk)

Back
Top Bottom