I don't want your money, I want your time

Caporegime
If it pleases the Court, bear with me on this one as it's worth it*

Without boring you with the background in too much detail, a younger mags and his Uni friends used to play some music. This sonic extravagance/achievement spanned the years 1990 - 1994 which many Roman historians later noted were as rad as the proverbial and then perhaps a dash more.

Like undercooked chicken through a wine-grown stomach, the years passed and were equally unkind and unhygenic to us. Jobs and women (and men!) appeared but we kept in touch and played some of the old songs while dabbling with newer ones. Over the last three years we've recorded ten of them, mixed and mastered them, and the album they formed, Embers, released 6th August 2021.

You can have a listen if you'd like by clicking HERE - OMG CLICK ME SO HARD! but please don't pay anything. The way we've set up the release is on a tip jar system so you can listen and/or download some/all of the tracks and pay nothing. That's what I'd like you to do. Pay nothing but maybe you'll like the tunes or it might not be your thing but your friend perhaps does so you send it to him. I don't want his money either but yours or his appreciation, or a note that says you liked it, or you listened to it and you hated it? Yeah, that would be more in line with the point of why I'm asking you to read this and listen to something you might not have otherwise.

I don't want your money, I want your love time, as Transvision Vamp once sang.

Thanks,
mags.

*it was not worth it, was it? :(

Soldato
I thought I was sitting in my room in Uni halls back in 1994 listening to EchoBelly when I heard that first track. Yep very indie/brit pop sound from the 90s. Not bad.

It has that slow depressing (or sad) vibe about it.

Soldato
Great stuff. I've got an EP that my band made when we were 16. I love listening to it every now and again. Transports me back :) Magic.

Caporegime
OP
I enjoyed it, I sent you roughly what a CD cost here (last time I bought one).
Genuine thanks :)
Was the Morse at the start of Senseless just randomly sampled, did any of you have any idea what it was?
All mistakes are intentional (it says here, according to my lawyer) but after surveying some of the more popular Morse forums I think I ended up sampling a Youtube segment which I then spliced to fit the purpose. We did enjoy some band banter of hidden messages but I didn't get that clever on this one, sorry :)

Well, had to search it on Spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/18C36KpEx3BGnRFKv7xs4P?si=U6B4gY27RMS1jQCPWwq4VQ&dl_branch=1

Except that's just single tracks right?

Yes, that's singles and EPs but not the album. Let me check on that because Spotify should be up to date along with the other channels. In the meantime you can click HERE for 40 minutes of pop :)

Back
Top Bottom