The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Man of Honour
Right, managed to invite people with a different toon. It's possible I had a serious problems with EVE addiction, I appear to have 12 characters.

Moving some of my toons back into OcUK and can invite anyone who needs it :)

I miss the game a lot, have 12-13 characters, but with the changes and developer/publisher attitude no chance I will ever invest time in the game again.

I'm surprised the game seems to have levelled off at around 25K active players with the amount of discontent on the forums but I guess a lot of players are too addicted/invested to leave.

Caporegime
I miss the game a lot, have 12-13 characters, but with the changes and developer/publisher attitude no chance I will ever invest time in the game again.

I'm surprised the game seems to have levelled off at around 25K active players with the amount of discontent on the forums but I guess a lot of players are too addicted/invested to leave.
someone should make a new eve type game but proper rts with planets you can terraform and build on.

eves so ancient already

Man of Honour
Just checked and I have 351,938,424 sp, haven’t played for years but kept my last character training for old times sake.

Might I have overdone it?

Depends what your goal is I guess - my main characters had around 100-200m SP each when I quit and could do most things they were focussed for. There is limited value in one character which can do everything but not a bad thing.

That is the other thing though - if I played again now I'd have to spend 4-5 months training or buy SP just to get back to where I used to be.

Man of Honour
Just read about the warp core, etc. changes - I had to do a sad little laugh. What happened to the old Eve where if you wanted to kill something badly enough you'd bring the tools to do the job i.e. HICs or DICs ? I guess most players just want cheap explosions.

One day I'll get around to making myself a game which scratches the itch for Eve circa 2013 or so.

Caporegime
Just read about the warp core, etc. changes - I had to do a sad little laugh. What happened to the old Eve where if you wanted to kill something badly enough you'd bring the tools to do the job i.e. HICs or DICs ? I guess most players just want cheap explosions.

One day I'll get around to making myself a game which scratches the itch for Eve circa 2013 or so.

You’ll make your own game? :eek:

Man of Honour
You’ll make your own game? :eek:

I actually started making a game like Eve before I knew Eve was a thing then gave up on it when I found out about Eve.

Bare in mind this was 2005/6 and just messing about with testing stuff - ignore the silly position of the asteroids and the use of a B2 bomber model for a ship placeholder LOL.

J6tArCh.png

IHVwaLy.jpg

YeEpLFq.png

Caporegime
I actually started making a game like Eve before I knew Eve was a thing then gave up on it when I found out about Eve.

Bare in mind this was 2005/6 and just messing about with testing stuff - ignore the silly position of the asteroids and the use of a B2 bomber model for a ship placeholder LOL.

J6tArCh.png

IHVwaLy.jpg

YeEpLFq.png

Wow, that is cool! Nice.

Associate

I keep two of my accounts active, but don't log in any more. I haven't subbed my gank squad since the bumping changes.

Soldato
I used to work for a guy who would boast all day about how back in the day he was a on Eve like a full time job making a lot of real money somehow.

Said he was one of the greatest all time players and is still very high up on some leaderboard.

Not sure why anyone would make something like that up but he would go on and on about it and i didnt even know what Eve was so i just thought he was mad.

Man of Honour
I used to work for a guy who would boast all day about how back in the day he was a on Eve like a full time job making a lot of real money somehow.

Said he was one of the greatest all time players and is still very high up on some leaderboard.

Not sure why anyone would make something like that up but he would go on and on about it and i didnt even know what Eve was so i just thought he was mad.

Would be easy to check on the killboard if you knew their character names - I think zkillboard.com is the current one though it seems to be down at the moment.

You used to be able to make a lot of money from Eve but it was frowned on and fairly easy if someone did it much for the developer to see that and ban people.

Back
Top Bottom