• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 6600XT 1080p gaming for $379 on Aug 11

Associate
On the pc for me it says all products are unavailable with no prices listed, however if you hover over the price range, it shows £375 - £500 which may be the min and max behind the scenes.

6600xt.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Lol this is the price the 6700XT, with more CUs, wider bus and more memory "should" be. Even that MSRP is BS, IMO

Don't buy! Absolutely terrible value but no doubt will sell like hot cakes

If gamers collectively could stick to "Don't buy" prices would never have risen this far in the first place.

Still there are those who have will power and then there are the weaker minded ones. Problem is a lot of those weaker minded ones bought ages ago, mined on the side and got their card for free. Even £2000 3090s. Reminds me of when the 7970 came out at $550. Lots of people refusing to pay that (although there were slower previous gen Nvidia cards around that price). Months later, you had people going on about how they'd bought at the beginning and mined bitcoin since (back then GPUs could actually mine that) and had got their cards for free (and if they had the patient to hold anything until recently they could probably retire).

The drawbacks of being risk-adverse :(

Soldato
Buy second hand or make your old hardware last with old games imo. We're just giving them confirmation the new inflated prices are okay. £400 or an entry level gaming card, insanity

Nvidia doesn't recognise any competition, AMD has nothing to lose, consumers don't have any choice.

Not buying cards is not sustainable and we are not in possession of the numbers to say if it makes financial sense for the two companies selling cards to keep going like this.

Soldato
Nvidia doesn't recognise any competition, AMD has nothing to lose, consumers don't have any choice.

Not buying cards is not sustainable and we are not in possession of the numbers to say if it makes financial sense for the two companies selling cards to keep going like this.

Of course. Buying this at £400 however is counter productive. Expect £500 next gen and be grateful :cry:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Still there are those who have will power and then there are the weaker minded ones. Problem is a lot of those weaker minded ones bought ages ago,

Or some people have enough money for it not to be a concern? I mean, what else have people been able to spend money on in the last 18 months?

Soldato
To me AMD shoot themselves in the foot but that's their own fault and do need to hire better marketing. In the eyes of a neutral brand agnostic both competitors have dropped a ball recently in harvesting profits at the cost of innovation.

I still can not fathom why Frank wrote that on twitter just before the launch of the 6800xt. This is one of those rare instances were shutting up is better than saying that.

Back
Top Bottom