Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Digital Foundry article/video on the SSD expansion:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...e-storage-tested-can-it-match-the-stock-drive

Bit disappointing really (the coverage, that is) as they seemed to focus mainly on PS4 game load times for some reason with only a couple of PS5 games compared (plus R&C in-game performance). Hopefully some more meaningful comparisons and tests are coming in the future.

To be fair, there are very few PS5 games that have been designed purely for PS5 only. Off the top of my head, I can only think of R&C, Returnal and that DualSense Astro thingy.

Soldato
To be fair, there are very few PS5 games that have been designed purely for PS5 only. Off the top of my head, I can only think of R&C, Returnal and that DualSense Astro thingy.

There are plenty of PS5 games in general though, more than A Plague Tale and whatever that Star War game was. For example, Metro Exodus has some fairly long load times (albeit improved over the excruciating load times of the PS4 version), that would've been an interesting test.

Soldato
Just had my PS5 delivered from Very, which turned out to be an interesting experience.

They sent it with Royal Mail Tracked 24, which I thought was a bit odd, considering the cost of the item.

I saw the post van pull up, and waited... nothing. Then I got a notification saying it had been delivered and signed for, with some random squiggle of a signature.

Concerned, I tracked down the postwoman, who informed me that she'd signed for it herself, and put it in my recycling bin... which was actually my neighbours bin...

Astonishing.

Anyway, I have it now and all looks well.

This is similar to what happened to me launch day with amazon. I tracked the van approaching, and opened my door and stood outside. The van paused and then drove off with the driver marking the package as delivered! B'stard driver stole my ps5! Fortunately amazon delivered a replacement the next day.

Soldato
This is similar to what happened to me launch day with amazon. I tracked the van approaching, and opened my door and stood outside. The van paused and then drove off with the driver marking the package as delivered! B'stard driver stole my ps5! Fortunately amazon delivered a replacement the next day.
I mean, I appreciate it was very much a minority of PS5's that were stolen on release day - but still amazes me people were willing to lose a job and potentially get a criminal record over a games console.
There is no way Amazon (and the other retailers who had this issue) weren't able to track these "undelivered" deliveries to an exact driver.

Soldato
I mean, I appreciate it was very much a minority of PS5's that were stolen on release day - but still amazes me people were willing to lose a job and potentially get a criminal record over a games console.
There is no way Amazon (and the other retailers who had this issue) weren't able to track these "undelivered" deliveries to an exact driver.
Agreed, it was mental!

Soldato
Wow @ the prices of the m2 ssds. I was looking to definitely increase the storage on my ps5 but those prices seem insane. I've never really looked at m2 ssds before so maybe they've always been that pricey but guess I'll be waiting a while longer.

Soldato
Wow @ the prices of the m2 ssds. I was looking to definitely increase the storage on my ps5 but those prices seem insane. I've never really looked at m2 ssds before so maybe they've always been that pricey but guess I'll be waiting a while longer.

Prices have come down a lot but these are basically the fastest consumer-grade SSDs on the market beyond the really niche stuff, so there's always going to be a price premium involved. Goes without saying, don't buy one until you really need one.

Soldato
Mad that these are not simply on shelves yet.

I'm playing Spiderman at the moment, got it on launch with the console but never got round to playing it. What a game! Loving it and very nice visuals as well.

Soldato
Although not a PS5 exclusive i'm enjoying TLOU2 on the PS5 with the increased framerate. my first play through also :eek:

Thinking of picking up Returnal, looks a good looter / shooter with some challenging game play.

Returnal is brilliant if you like roguelikes. Hard as nails at first but once you start upgrading things do get easier. I loved everything about it.

Soldato
Finally got a PS5 - non digital - (without a bundle) first thing this morning from Argos, but doesnt get to the store until Thursday, and just ordered R&C, Demon Souls and Sackboy for a little bit of variety. When Ive paid that lot off will get WRC9 and hopefully GoT.

I hadnt realised how absurd some of the pricing is on games - and I dont mean the rrp which is bad enough, but some places (like Game) just adding £10 onto the std version of a game (and "cart" tricks - why dont we add an extra controller and charging station to your cart when you add the game.....just for your convenience of course)

Soldato
This is like the 5th PS5 I could have had over the past three weeks - had I been the scalping kind, that could easily have been £750 profit (or more importantly, my PS5 for free!).
I tell ya - if you're in the UK and still saying "scalpers are getting them all" or "I just can't get one" - you aren't trying.

Back
Top Bottom