• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

V F

V F

Soldato
What's better and price wise to get if you water cool, get the air cooled version and fit the block yourself or go directly for the pre-fitted water block version?

Associate
I really need to get a new GPU since my 980ti died. But at this rate it is frustrating and disappointing that the market is so bad.
AMD have screwed up with not shipping directly to the UK, as I wanted to go team red for linux drivers. But it does look like I'll be forced to go green and get a 3070ti FE or similar.

Associate
Thankfully I've had my 3090 for almost a year now, but I did want to start building something a bit less powerful to pair with the TV in the living room.
That project is on hold indefinitely because when I looked you couldn't even get a 10 series GTX card

Associate
Thankfully I've had my 3090 for almost a year now, but I did want to start building something a bit less powerful to pair with the TV in the living room.
That project is on hold indefinitely because when I looked you couldn't even get a 10 series GTX card
I'll do you a straight swap my gtx 1080 for your 3090

Caporegime

Why didn't you get one of the many 3060 / 3060ti deals from here?

Associate
Have you all got cards finally then? Or are you still waiting? Or have you just decided to skip things this generation?....or....Have you *whispers* DITCHED PC GAMING :eek::p

Given up. Its 3080 or nothing for me as I play in 4k so will wait for 4000 series. Waited 12 months might as well wait another 12. Will carry on with my existing GTX1080 as I'm not paying £1000+ for a graphics card

Associate
Given up. Its 3080 or nothing for me as I play in 4k so will wait for 4000 series. Waited 12 months might as well wait another 12. Will carry on with my existing GTX1080 as I'm not paying £1000+ for a graphics card

As long as your card keeps working nothing usually wrong with waiting for more and better cards to be released, latest rumour is for a 3080ti 20GB. https://youtu.be/Jyj6seDa7-Q?t=202 Wouldn't have wanted to pay the scalpers 2k for the 12GB one

Associate
I have up on the whole building thing when I saw how pricey and hard the cards were to get.
Starting to get the itch now, however know it's prob best to wait for the next round of cards.

Considering changing from my i7 2600K build to a 5800x but then keeping my Vega 56 and 1440p gaming for now.

Soldato
I've been keeping an eye on 6600XT prices, as that card would deliver more than double the performance of my RX480. In a normal world the 6600XT would cost under £300. However, despite the apparent good levels of stock prices continue to creep up from launch with £430 plus needed to get a good model.

I'm not getting suckered into paying that much. In theory if demand is being satisfied and there is still stock left, prices should come down. I wonder if this will happen as we move into autumn and winter?

Soldato
I've been keeping an eye on 6600XT prices, as that card would deliver more than double the performance of my RX480. In a normal world the 6600XT would cost under £300. However, despite the apparent good levels of stock prices continue to creep up from launch with £430 plus needed to get a good model.

I'm not getting suckered into paying that much. In theory if demand is being satisfied and there is still stock left, prices should come down. I wonder if this will happen as we move into autumn and winter?

NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards are again becoming more expensive

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-and-amd-graphics-cards-are-again-becoming-more-expensive

Associate
I haven't got sorted. The 1080 is still running ok, touch wood. I'd like to play psyconaughts 2 in 4k with all the bells and whistles.

Just can't justify the current prices. I would need a better PSU and CPU (i7 4790).

I've always built my pcs from an old AMD 386 with borrowed RAM from a friend's dad until I could afford to buy some (35quid per 256mb). A whole 1mb !

So I would like to build my next pc, probably an Intel 12th gen.

Last edited:
Associate
Amd really have dropped the ball with having nothing in the same price point as an i3 for retail. R3 5300 exists in the oem space only

This has been the case since around Xmas time. The 3100 seemed to vanish, and even the still capable 3600 shot back up to its original retail price. AMD really seem to want to shed the image of them being the cheaper/ more affordable alternative to Intel.

Soldato
Have you all got cards finally then? Or are you still waiting? Or have you just decided to skip things this generation?....or....Have you *whispers* DITCHED PC GAMING :eek::p
I grabbed a 3070 Ti a couple of weeks ago. Not really the card that I wanted, but it's better than nothing. I want a 3080, but I'm not paying £1000+ for one. I did bag a FE last December, but it had the loudest coil whine I'd ever heard, so I had to get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom